Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Griffin please pick up the white courtesy phone.

Options
bettysnephew
bettysnephew Posts: 1,189
edited February 2014 in EggHead Forum
@Griffin I sent a series of questions to Flame Boss, but have received no reply as of yet.  Is this product available?  It has some features that I find desireable in a controller.
A poor widows son.
See der Rabbits, Iowa

Comments

• bettysnephew
    Options
    @Griffin Please disregard.  Michael's reply message apparently got lost in the "clouds" as he sent it Thursday and it appeared in my computer Saturday. There is he** to pay when you inconvenience electrons. 
    A poor widows son.
    See der Rabbits, Iowa
  • stlcharcoal
    stlcharcoal Posts: 4,686
    Options
    I have their literature and can get them......what do you need to know?
  • bettysnephew
    Options
    @stlcharcoal Email sent.
    A poor widows son.
    See der Rabbits, Iowa
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Options
    Sorry. Not online much on the weekends. What do you need to know?

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• bettysnephew
    bettysnephew Posts: 1,189
    edited February 2014
    Options
    @Griffin Thanks for the reply.  Got it all covered.  Another Egghead will be joining the Flame Boss ranks in the neat future.
    A poor widows son.
    See der Rabbits, Iowa
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Options
    I really like it. A step up from some of the entry controllers yet cheaper than the top of the line models and has all the features I want/need. Sorry I was slow to respond.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• bettysnephew
    Options
    I have made my living for the last 41 years as an industrial electronics maintenance tech.  Over those years I have had many opportunities to work with/on many types of temperature controllers.  When I made my list of must haves at the top was Type K thermocouples with industry standard plugs. Second was PID and third was variable speed fan control not on/off.  Open lid sensing and battery capable power supply were also on the list as a want.  Flame Boss is the first I have seen that meets all these criteria and I am looking forward to giving it a go.  I will be using it with thermocouple extensions and a cord to power the fan remotely.  This will allow me to have the controller inside where I can hear alarms and keep it out of the weather .
    A poor widows son.
    See der Rabbits, Iowa