Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

New Recipes up

Options
Nature Boy
Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
LambBaste.jpg
<p />Howdy all. Hope everyone has as good a weather as we do this weekend. I have been holding onto some good lookin recipes for around a year now, and lamely have not found the chunk of time needed to put 'em up on the website. Qfan gave me his Kentucky BBQ'd Lamb/Mutton recipe a year ago, as did Clay Q and Lawn Ranger.[p]So...new on the main Dizzy recipe page:
QFan's Kentucky Style BBQ Lamb
My Ginger/Lime Chicken Skewers[p]And on the Customer recipe page (look on the left hand menu on the main recipe page):
ClayQ's pulled beef
Lawn Rangers Stuffed "Porta-blano" Pork Tenderloin.[p]All of these recipes were cooked on the egg. Hope you enjoy them!
Chris

[ul][li]New recipes[/ul]
DizzyPigBBQ.com
Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ

Comments

• Toy Man
    Toy Man Posts: 416
    Options
    Perfect.. I was wondering what to cook tonight.[p]Thanks[p]Toy Man
  • dhuffjr
    dhuffjr Posts: 3,182
    Options
    Nature Boy,
    How bout the recipe for that awesome sausage you made at the fest?[p]My memory was Raging River and ground rib tips, only once through the grinder. I thought you said something else but I can't remember? Any amounts?[p]
    H

• Clay Q
    Clay Q Posts: 4,486
    Options
    Nature Boy,
    Wow, looks fantastic. Really a great site with all the recipes and pictures.
    Thanks my friend,
    Clay

• Lawn Ranger
    Lawn Ranger Posts: 5,467
    Options
    Nature Boy,
    Thanks, Chris,... for all you do.[p]Mike

• Nature Boy
    Options
    Howdy!
    Yeah, that sausage turnt out purty fine. I got the recipe from a customer (Sepp) and what a great breakfast sausage.[p]I used all rib trimmigs with a good amount of fat. Ran through the coarse kitchenaid grinding plate into a big bowl. Mixed in 4 tbsp Raging River and a half cup maple syrup (or I used Maple Sugar). Form into patties and cook at 250-275 direct until well crusted and rendered. I think I through a tbsp of tenderquick in also for safety's sake. [p]Next time I do it I will take some pictures and get a recipe up. The rib meat makes for some awesome sausage, though I expect other cuts could work too as long as you have enough fat. I also expect it would be good in casings, but something about sausage patties is goooood![p]This was the first sausage I have ever made, and look forward to doing more.
    Thanks for asking, I wanna do them again as I am all out :-(
    Chris

DizzyPigBBQ.com
  • Nature Boy
    Options
    Clay Q,
    Thank YOU! I feel like such a dolt for taking so long, but it is really cool to have the recipe up finally! Now I just have to go cook it.
    I appreciate the contribution muchly!
    Chris

DizzyPigBBQ.com
  • Nature Boy
    Options
    LawnRanger,
    And you!!
    Beers dewd
    Chris

DizzyPigBBQ.com
  • mule
    mule Posts: 152
    Options
    Nature Boy,
    Boy!!! I can't wait to try those ginger/lime chicken skewers!!!! They look elegant!!!![p]mule

• WooDoggies
    WooDoggies Posts: 2,390
    Options
    mule,[p]Yeah, me too. [p]That recipe seems to fulfill the basic requirements: easy and good.[p]Thanks Chris![p]john

• Nature Boy
    Options
    Thanks Geoff.
    They are really good, and if'n you get creative, there is all kinds of treatments you could give em. Lemongrass/coconut milk, garlic/herb, chiles and cumin, coconut/curry, or whatever![p]Have fun!
    Chris

DizzyPigBBQ.com
  • Car Wash Mike
    Options
    Nature Boy,
    Did your crunchy wings today. Turned out great.
    Thanks for the new recipes.[p]Mike

• dhuffjr
    dhuffjr Posts: 3,182
    Options
    Nature Boy,
    Too lazy to google :>O
    What is tenderquick?
    Yeh that sausage is at the top of the things I ate. [p]H

• Nature Boy
    Options
    Tenderquick is a curing agent. Nitrates and other crap that help take care of nasties. Not necessary if you are making fresh sausage, but I am notorious for leaving stuff in the fridge for a week before I cook it. And I had some on hand as a gift from djm5x9....so I put some in. It is a Morton product if you decide to fire up google![p]Happy Sunday. Go Redskins! (not much hope after last weeks 36-0 whoopin, but hopin' they get their act together against them iggles)[p]Thighs goin on the egg shortly.
    Beers!
    Chris

DizzyPigBBQ.com
  • Nature Boy
    Options
    Car Wash Mike,
    Lomg live ChefRD!!
    Hope you are well.
    Chris

DizzyPigBBQ.com
  • Borders
    Borders Posts: 665
    Options
    Nature Boy, I refer to your recipes often, in fact it's one of the first places I look. I'm doing my first Canadian Bacon today, per your recipe. Now that I have a lifetime supply of juniper berries, and only one recipe for them, any tips on storing them or using them in other recipes??
    Thanks, Scott[p]PS-what made you think Cow Lick was the right rub for the job on Canadian bacon??

• mule
    mule Posts: 152
    Options
    Nature Boy,
    OK!! I might even dip em in some tequila and put hot sauce on them!!!!!

• Nature Boy
    Options
    Borders,
    I am with you, and have only tried Cat's ribs with the juniper berries. If I had some clones, and some more playing time, I would definitely be interested in learning more about those magical gin berries. The contribution of that spice to Cat's recipe is significant, and I'd love to know more about what (besides garlic and mustard seed) goes with juniper berries. [p]As far as the Canadian bacon, you'll have to ask Qfan. My guess is he was looking for a simple peppery rub to go with the bacon. And since he invented the Cow Lick, I figger he had some kinda vision! I tried the back bacon the Dizzy Pig North team cooks up, and it is unbelievable.[p]Beers to ya man. Our future holds at least a half day of fishin together. Let's make it happen!
    Chris

DizzyPigBBQ.com
  • Nature Boy
    Options
    mule,
    Everytime we hang around the BBQ camp and drink the $80 tequilla, I think how good those flavors must go with chicken. I think more in a sauce than a marinade though....reduced with some lime juice and stuff. But never tried it, cuz it is tough to convince myself that it is better on the food than in a shotglass![p]Cheers
    Chris

DizzyPigBBQ.com
  • eggor
    eggor Posts: 777
    Options
    Nature Boy,[p]just wanted to say grats on a great year you and your teammates had and also a great website you put together.[p]been wanting to try the Almost Fried Wings and it looks like it might be a good plan for a quick cook tonight.[p]Scott

• Nature Boy
    Options
    Thanks very much Scott. 6 years ago with a couple eggs, and most of my time being spent designing cool non-bbq related stuff, I wudda never thunk I'd be spending most of my time around BBQ this year. Been a wild year indeed.[p]Try and get a little fridge time after you coat those wings!
    Cheers
    Chris

DizzyPigBBQ.com
  • Toy Man
    Toy Man Posts: 416
    Options
    Just finished eating the Ginger-Lime chicken skewers.[p]VERY good. Definitly a keeper recipe.[p]Toy Man
  • Nature Boy
    Options
    Toy Man,
    Cool!! Thanks man. So glad you enjoyed.
    Chris

DizzyPigBBQ.com
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,898
    Options
    Borders,
    I too have a lifetime supply of those berries! I froze mine based on what somebody posted here. As for appearance sake I just checked them and they look like the day I froze them over 4 years ago! To me those berries must be an acquired taste as I found them too strong for my liking and consequently only fixed Cat's recipe that one time also! Think I can make some gin out of them? LOL

Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Smokin Joe
    Options
    Nature Boy,
    they sound great! Can't wait to give 'em a try. Thanks! Joe