Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

1st dessert was real good need a couple recipes.

Car Wash Mike
Car Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
bnb02.jpg
<p />Banana Nut Bread from vwgal was really good. To bad the cat stole one of mom-in-laws loaves.[p]Max, don't you have like 6 lbs. of ingredients to make a pound cake?[p]Also, the Khalua dessert,[p]Thanks Mike

Comments

• Car Wash Mike,[p]banana bread looks outstandin. ..i think you've "got it". . .[p]you need 4 lbs of ingredients for the pound cake. ..[p]1 pound butter
    1 pound flour
    1 pound sugar
    1 pound eggs[p]mix it all up, put it in a greased/floured bundt pan for 1 hour at 350 degrees... . . easy .. .[p]the kahlua cake[p]1 package german chocolate cake mix
    1 package jello chocolate instant pudding
    1 pint sour cream
    3/4 cup oil
    1/3 cup kahlua
    4 eggs
    1/2 bag choco chips. ..[p]mix it all up. .. .put it in a greased/floured bundt pan[p]bake at 350 degrees for approx 50 - 55 minutes till toothpick comes out clean. .. [p]both are easy and delicious. ..

• mad max beyond eggdome,
    I was very pleased for the first time.[p]As soon as I saw German Chocolate Cake mix on the Kahlua, I knew what was going to be next.[p]Thanks,[p]Mike

• mad max beyond eggdome,
    Hi Guys: need the banana bread recipe, it looks great!
    Thxs a million

• YB
    YB Posts: 3,861
    Car Wash Mike,
    If you have any pumpkins left over from halloween you may want to try this recipe.
    Larry

[ul][li]Pumpkin Pie[/ul]
  • SmokinCSI,[p]Hawaiian Banana Nut Bread[p]3 cups flour
    1 tsp baking soda
    1 tsp cinnamon
    1 tsp salt
    2 cups sugar
    1 cup chopped pecans
    3 eggs
    1 1/2 cup oil
    2 cups mashed bananas
    1 8oz can crushed pineapple, drained
    2 tsp vanilla extract[p]Combine flour, soda, cinnamon, salt, sugar, and pecans in large bowl, mix well. Beat eggs in medium bowl. Add oil, bananas, pineapple and vinalla, mix well. Add to dry ingredients stir until moistened.[p]Depending on the size of pan will depend on cooking time.
    I greased and floured 6 - 5x5 pans and baked 350 for 30 minutes.
    I like the shorter cooking times.
    Or 2 5x9 for 60 minutes. Of course the toothpick test.[p]Thanks again Terri,[p]Mike

• Squeeze
    Squeeze Posts: 717
    Car Wash Mike,
    Tammy is still working on the Rocky Mountain Oyster cake, once it is perfected, I will post it for her.....

Kevin Jacques
    The University of Que L.L.C. ®
    Killen, AL
    www.uofque.com

Take Your Taste Buds to School!
  • SSN686
    SSN686 Posts: 3,500
    Morning Car Wash Mike:[p]The link below is to a fantastic pineapple upside down cake I have done a couple of times. It is really quite easy.[p]Have a GREAT day!
    Jay

[ul][li]Pineapple upside down cake[/ul]

Have a GREAT day!

Jay

Brandon, FL

• SSN686,[p]I have the bread machine ready to go for a sausage roll. Thanks for that one.[p]Yes, I'm copying and pasting as fast as I can. I then laminate.[p]You have a great day also,[p]Mike
  • Trouble
    Trouble Posts: 276
    Jay,
    That looks outstanding...thanks for the recipe.[p]Joyce

• VW Gal
    VW Gal Posts: 42
    Car Wash Mike,
    Glad you liked them. FYI, they freeze really well if you want to make a few extras up.
    Terri