Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Traveling to Zurich and South Africa....

Hello Everyone,

I wanted to take a chance and try my favorite forum for any tips?  I have a great guide once I get to S.A. but I'm going to be on a 14 hour layover in Zurich and I'm looking for any ideas from previous visitors.  I just want to maximize my time there.  

Thanks in advance,

bbqjdub
BBQJDUB

Charlotte, NC
·

Comments

• WolfpackWolfpack Posts: 1,386
    Zurich is a great city- head down to the historic area along the river. Lots of cool shops and spots to have a drink etc. will be cold there now so bundle up. Bring lots of cash- one of the most expensive cities around.
    Greensboro, NC
    ·
  • BBQJDUBBBQJDUB Posts: 43
    Thanks Wolfpack!  
    BBQJDUB

Charlotte, NC
    ·
  • Zurich:  If you want to eat fondue, there is a cool little place in the old town called Raclette Stube.  

Where are you going in SA?  It is one of my favorite places in the world. 
    I'm Kristi ~ Live in FL ~ BGE since 2003.
    I write about food & travel on Necessary Indulgences -
    You can find me on Facebook & Instagram, too! 
    ·
  • lousubcaplousubcap Posts: 6,468
    You globe trotters-I'm lucky to get the green-light for around 160KM's ( the globe unit) just to find decent lump.  My Zurich history is too old to matter and the SA piece is one of the last on my short bucket-list journeys.  And I know (from the forum) that @Necessaryindulg has eggsperience in SA and lots of other exotic places, like Q places in Austin (Franklin's?) to bring it home.  Enjoy the journey :)>-
    Louisville
    ·
  • BBQJDUBBBQJDUB Posts: 43
    Thanks Necessarylndulg and lousubcap....

I would love to try the fondue place, thanks for that one.  I guess I'll have to find some chocolate but that shouldn't be too difficult!

I'll be in Pretoria, Joburg, and hopefully a small trip to Cape Town.  I'm visiting a friend so I hope to do a lot as it's my first trip there.  

Thanks again!

bbqjdub
    BBQJDUB

Charlotte, NC
    ·