Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Traveling to Zurich and South Africa....

Options
Hello Everyone,

I wanted to take a chance and try my favorite forum for any tips?  I have a great guide once I get to S.A. but I'm going to be on a 14 hour layover in Zurich and I'm looking for any ideas from previous visitors.  I just want to maximize my time there.  

Thanks in advance,

bbqjdub
BBQJDUB

Charlotte, NC

Comments

• Wolfpack
    Wolfpack Posts: 3,551
    Options
    Zurich is a great city- head down to the historic area along the river. Lots of cool shops and spots to have a drink etc. will be cold there now so bundle up. Bring lots of cash- one of the most expensive cities around.
    Greensboro, NC
  • BBQJDUB
    BBQJDUB Posts: 47
    Options
    Thanks Wolfpack!  
    BBQJDUB

Charlotte, NC
  • NecessaryIndulg
    Options
    Zurich:  If you want to eat fondue, there is a cool little place in the old town called Raclette Stube.  

Where are you going in SA?  It is one of my favorite places in the world. 
    I'm Kristi ~ Live in FL ~ BGE since 2003.
    I write about food & travel on Necessary Indulgences.  
    You can also find me on FacebookInstagram, and Twitter.
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,385
    Options
    You globe trotters-I'm lucky to get the green-light for around 160KM's ( the globe unit) just to find decent lump.  My Zurich history is too old to matter and the SA piece is one of the last on my short bucket-list journeys.  And I know (from the forum) that @Necessaryindulg has eggsperience in SA and lots of other exotic places, like Q places in Austin (Franklin's?) to bring it home.  Enjoy the journey :)>-
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • BBQJDUB
    BBQJDUB Posts: 47
    Options
    Thanks Necessarylndulg and lousubcap....

I would love to try the fondue place, thanks for that one.  I guess I'll have to find some chocolate but that shouldn't be too difficult!

I'll be in Pretoria, Joburg, and hopefully a small trip to Cape Town.  I'm visiting a friend so I hope to do a lot as it's my first trip there.  

Thanks again!

bbqjdub
    BBQJDUB

Charlotte, NC