Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Crispy chicken breasts (bone in)

Options
Trouble
Trouble Posts: 276
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hi, all. After your advice about the coffee crusted pork tenderloins yesterday, I ran out of time even without considering the sauce. So that experiment will be tonight.[p]Last night we had some monster chicken breasts. These things were huge. Anyway, I did a coating experiment and they came out pretty darn good, though I can't wait to play with improvements.[p]I had the egg settled in at 400 with a direct setup and a raised grid. I dipped the chicken breasts in milk then a 50/50 mix of cornmeal and Italian bread crumbs. I added a bunch of ground pepper to that mixture but otherwise didn't mess with it. They cooked on the raised grid (sorry--I don't remember how long) until they reached 170 internal. No flipping. In fact, I never touched them until they started to look about right, then I took the temp. I did spin the grid after about 30 minutes and close the vents down a bit. The cook ended with the egg at 350.[p]The flavor of the coating could get a boost in a number of directions, but the texture was exactly what I was after. The thin coating gave it a very crunchy outside, still moist and tender on the inside. I did not use any EVOO or butter to aid browning, but it looked and tasted like I did. I love this--it's healthy fried chicken! I can't wait to try some additions to the coating...onion and/or garlic power, favorite rubs, various herbs; next would be a boneless breast similarly treated, then served with a marsala sauce. Geez, I better buy shared in a chicken farm.[p]Have an outstanding day, everyone! Pork tonight...[p]Trouble

Comments