Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT: Picked up a Chromebook

Options
Our home computer needs are very very minimal. $300 bucks ain't bad, works pretty slick. Anyone else own one?

Comments

• njl
    njl Posts: 1,123
    Options
    You can get some reasonably decent full fledged notebook PCs with 500gb-1tb drives and >=6gb RAM for less than double that.  The chromebook has very little internal storage, no?
  • fletcherfam
    Options
    It only has 16gb. Agreed you can get decent ones for double the price, I didn't want to pay double the price as all we use it for is printing from the internet, surfing the internet when our phones aren't big enough to read, and for accessing our stored files.

I have been using the cloud a lot more and really like the use of it.
  • Tackman
    Tackman Posts: 230
    Options
    Thought about getting a Chromebook myself. Decided on a tablet instead. Really like the tablet. Use it constantly.
    Cleveland, Ohio
  • Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    It's funny to me how Microsoft completely screwed themselves with windows 8. Now there's a complete. Vacuum for decent entry level laptops. Just my opinion.
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • takosito
    Options
    I own a chromebook for 6 months now. Its learning curve is soft, but you need to get used to having your files in the cloud. Also, the apps availability is not that straight forward if you are really used to certain software.
    On the hardware side, is really fast, but the graphical interface/card is not top notch.
  • Scott805
    Scott805 Posts: 349
    Options
    Bought a Chrome for my wife to use basically for the internet.  Starts quickly and has not had one problem in six months.  Will probably buy another for me when my tablet dies out.

Large BGE, 2 Tier Adjustable Swing Rack System, three (3) bricks from Home Depot for raised direct, Blackstone 22" Griddle - Finally have a decent cooking area!

Dallas, TX