Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

bacon frustration

Options
fletcherfam
fletcherfam Posts: 935
edited January 2014 in EggHead Forum
So put the bacon on this morning witht the Amaz smoker. Got it going for a while, went to church, came bavka and didnt see thw typical smoke, thought it had gone out, nope, the pellets caught fire and started cooking the bacon.

I know it didnt ruin it, just frudtrated it isn't how I wanted it.

Comments

• U_tarded
    U_tarded Posts: 2,042
    Options
    go ahead and hot smoke it, to 150 it.  should still be good but its not cold smoked good.

• henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    You can salvage it. Shouldn't went to church.

Lol jk broski. . :))
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    Hmm...that is really odd. How long was it smoldering before you left? I've had mine quit burning after only a couple minutes and I've relit it to make sure it had a good start, but never had it light back up on me.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • yzzi
    yzzi Posts: 1,843
    Options
    I had the same issue with pellets going out. I had success when I loaded up the tray with pellets and put it in the oven at 200 for 20 minutes to dry it out. Then I hit it with the torch and let the flame really burn good for 15 minutes before blowing it out.
    Dunedin, FL
  • fletcherfam
    fletcherfam Posts: 935
    edited January 2014
    Options
    @henapple, no biggie.

Just pulled it and fried some up, delicious. Better than the last batch.

Threw it in the fridge so I can slice it up on the new slicer.

Now we will have 15lbs of cottage bacon.