Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Are you happy it’s finally National BBQ Month? While we like to BBQ year round, May is our favorite because the whole country is celebrating delicious food. If you’re new to cooking BBQ on your EGG, check out our Smoking Basics Publication...if not, proceed to some of our favorite recipes! We love Dr. BBQ’s Coffee Rubbed Brisket, Famous Dave’s Sticky Ribs and Virginia Willis’ Pulled Pork. Pair with this cheesy favorite for a winning way to start off May!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

1 inch to 1 1/4 inch New York Strips

GrillmagicGrillmagic Posts: 888

Are these steaks to thin to reverse sear? I have reverse seared 1 1/2 to 2 inch thick Strips at 250 indirect until 110/115 then pulled the plate setter and cranked it to 500/550 then seared  to 130/135. Any thoughts?

Chuck

Dimondale Michigan

www.chuckkingcomedy.com

·

Comments

• jhl192jhl192 Posts: 793
    You can still do it but you need less time and for the sear and reverse sear.  Watch it closely.  Keep your Thermopen handy! 
    XL BGE; Medium BGE 
    ·
  • RRPRRP Posts: 15,033
    Personally I wouldn't bother for fear of over cooking them real quickly!
    Ron
    Dunlap, IL
    ·
  • fishlessmanfishlessman Posts: 16,818
    would be better with the hot tub and sear method, dont see much need for a roast and sear with thin steaks
    ·
  • Well they were good, I pulled the plate setter after indirect cooking some stuffed bacon wrapped dates and took it to 500 and grilled until 130 tented and rested while I grilled the asparagus and they were mighty fine.

Chuck

·