Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

If I can build it like I want to.......

Options
Here are  front and left -side pics of the table I am designing.

Hope I can get it all together like I am thinking of it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I threw these drawings together in Paint if you have trouble viewing.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

My XLBGE new home is on the way !!!!!

Thanks in advance.

Donnie Dawes - RNNL8 BBQ - Carrollton, KY  

TWIN XLBGEs, 1-Beautiful wife, 1 XS Yorkie

I'm keeping serious from now on...no more joking around from me...Meatheads !! 

Comments

• henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    My only advice is leave plenty of room for heat and openings for airflow. It looks like you plan on closing it in?
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Hotch
    Hotch Posts: 3,564
    Options
    So would that be 36" tall plus casters and counter top thicknes??
    Large BGE, MiniMAX BGE, 2 Mini BGE's, R&V Fryer, 36" Blackstone Griddle, Camp Chef Dual Burner 40K BTU Stove
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • dldawes1
    dldawes1 Posts: 2,208
    Options

@HENAPPLE  The back of the BGE area will be open. Also Since you brought this to my attention, I will probably add a grill (louver/something like over a vent ) incorporated into the flip-down ash removal door.

I love this forum....gaining knowledge here never ends !!!!!  As always, I appreciate the feedback.

@HOTCH   Yes, 36" plus casters. I am 6"-1 and my back kills me bending over kitchen counters. I want it around 40-42" tall when finished. Higher than standard....but custom-fit !!!!!  I will also double-check my ability to reach down into the XLBGE with it sitting at my designed height before I proceed.

I appreciate you bringing this thought out so that I could think over my design again before beginning construction sometime in March.

Thanks again,

Donnie

• dldawes1
    dldawes1 Posts: 2,208
    Options

Cypress is what I am presently planning to use. $2.89/BF @ ~90BF + ~$270 for the wood.  Drawer guides, hardware, casters, and etc are still being researched.

I will also have an inset cutting board. Thought about using ceramic tile or other for cutting board, then considered the dulling of knives.

Any comments, suggestions, or other feedback is always appreciated.

Thanks,

Donnie