Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

USDA Prime whole packers at Costco - $2.65/lb

Options
caliking
caliking Posts: 18,731
edited January 2014 in EggHead Forum
Saw this at Costco on Richmond this weekend. There were 2 left, but I didn't buy one since we are low on freezer space. Other Costco's around the country may have same/similar pricing if anyone is interested. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.

Comments

• stlcharcoal
    stlcharcoal Posts: 4,687
    Options
    Man I hope we get some up here.....I was asking one of their guys the other day when they were going to get whole packers back in stock. 
  • Nsdexter
    Nsdexter Posts: 195
    Options
    I wish costco in nova scotia  sold brisket, Actually I wish that almost anywhere in nova scotia did
    HFX NS
  • yzzi
    yzzi Posts: 1,843
    Options
    I'd love to see that at my Costco. I rarely ever see briskets that big at my Costco. They're always in the 8-9 pound range. We just get smaller cows than everyone else?
    Dunedin, FL
  • travisstrick
    travisstrick Posts: 5,002
    Options
    Shame on you. Prime briskey takes priority in the freezer. Throw that other crap out.
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    Shame on you. Prime briskey takes priority in the freezer. Throw that other crap out.
    She's 8+mo preggers and I'm not messing with her right now. Made the mistake of going to Costco with SWMBO. Usual MO is to go by myself and show up at home with whatever animals I picked. 

An HEB on the north side of town had Wagyu briskets about a month back. Don't know what the price was. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Budgeezer
    Budgeezer Posts: 669
    Options
     We have been seeing the Prime Packers @ our Costco for the last couple of months.  It has been sweet, I hope it not one of those items that disappear after the holidays.  I picked one up for the freezer last week just in case.
    Edina, MN