Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

RIBS ARE ON!!!

Options
Just threw em on! Having a News Years Day cocktail and watching that smoke rise from top of my XL Egg ... Life is Good. Got my new AR Woo2 combo in use with some Apple Juice in my catch pan and some hardwood chunks added to my Lump. Dinner will be great tonite!
My PitMaster IQ120 FREAKIN ROCKS!!!!!!! Current BGE arsenal: XL & MiniMax

Comments

• vchelf
    vchelf Posts: 95
    Options
    Looks great! Ribs are my next venture. I am new to the BGE. Loving my large. I've done burgers, rib eyes and NY Strips, a brisket, and chili in the dutch oven on the BGE. All were terrific. I am hoping for ribs next week. Keep posting photos and tips! Happy New Year!
    Victor Chelf
    Houston, TX

Just one Large BGE
    Visit my Victor's Vittles blog - dedicated to my Big Green Eggventures

• RickyBobby
    Options
    I really like spare ribs; seems to be a lot more meat. I trim and square them up some so I guess they end up more like a St.Louis style rib. I do 225degrees with the ol tried & true 3-2-1 method and have never been let down yet. I use Apple Juice and Honey during my foiling. My rub is a basic homemade rub that is mostly brown sugar with just a smidge of garlic, paprika, salt & pepper. My family is not into Hot rubs.
  • RickyBobby
    Options
    A couple hours in! Good chance this might be my last low n slo without a temp controller ... stlcharcoal is hooking me up with a PitMasterIQ120 in the near future. :D Can't wait!
  • RickyBobby
    Options
    Won't be long and I'll be pulling the foil off my ribs. Have my sauce ready and getting ready to chop some more chunks of Hickory to add for the last hour of my cook. Anxious to open the foil and see if meat is starting to pull back from the bone. My XL has been holding 225 very rock solid all day, but the weather has been decent with no wind today.
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    Nice. Layer your lump with the wood chunks and there's no reason to add. I love St Louis. ..save the trimmings. Looks good. ..
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • RickyBobby
    Options
    Ahh Man!! Currently feeling fat & sassy. Just got through shoveling down them ribs. Really good and got a nice smoke on them.

Learned a lesson today ~ veggies don't work with a smokey low n slo. Shoulda just done them on the stovetop. I kinda figured I'd get horrible results trying to include them in the rib cook but I'm the type that will try most anything to see for myself ... its how I learn.

Ribs were bone sucking good though. :-c
  • woody's wood pit
    Options
    Next time you try ribs...go through process as you have and leave the sauce off let the rub give you the flavor and see what you think...you can always add sauce...you did great

Rockwall Texas, just east of Dallas where the humidity and heat meet! Life is too short to get caught in the fast lane behind somebody slow!

XL, LG, Sm, Mini and Weber for drink holder