Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Game day ribs

Options
Cheering on my Huskers. Hopefully they can hang on for the win.
XL BGE

Comments

• RV10Flyer
    RV10Flyer Posts: 140
    Options
    Looks great. I've got three racks on the XL now. I'm trying to decide if I want to try the 3-1-1 method or just do as I usually do and let them roll as is. How did you cook yours?

North Texas

XL and Small BGE

• SPRIGS
    SPRIGS Posts: 482
    Options
    250 grate. 2 hours and 20 minutes uncovered. 1 hour 15 minutes in foil and about 35 minutes in the egg, uncovered after shutting all the vents.
    XL BGE
  • Holepuncher
    Options
    Forget the game, let's eat.
    Hendersonville, TN.
  • Mark0525
    Mark0525 Posts: 1,235
    Options
    I do mine at 225 for 5 hrs.  They come out perfect every time.
  • bud812
    bud812 Posts: 1,869
    Options
    SPRIGS said:
    250 grate. 2 hours and 20 minutes uncovered. 1 hour 15 minutes in foil and about 35 minutes in the egg, uncovered after shutting all the vents.
    You can get a bad taste on your meat by closing the vent's and leting your meat dwell in the dieing fire. IMHO.

Not to get technical, but according to chemistry alcohol is a solution...

Large & Small BGE

Stockton Ca.

• SPRIGS
    SPRIGS Posts: 482
    Options
    bud812 said:

SPRIGS said:

You can get a bad taste on your meat by closing the vent's and leting your meat dwell in the dieing fire. IMHO.

Thanks for the tip! Won't risk it again.

XL BGE
  • Scottborasjr
    Scottborasjr Posts: 3,494
    Options
    Big win for the Huskers today, now gotta hope that Abdullah sticks around but I get a feeling he's going to go pro after he saw how Burkhead's senior season went.  Getting ready to throw some t-bones and crab legs on myself to celebrate the victory. 
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season.