Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Beef Tenderloin Fillet

Options
tndawg
tndawg Posts: 12
I just bought a tenderloin and had it trimmed and cut into fillets that I plan to cook for friends on NYE. I've decided to cook them using the reverse sear method after reading about it and seeing the results. I have a couple of questions. 1. Should I cover them with foil while they are resting and waiting for the egg temp to rise? 2. Should I baste them in garlic butter? If so, when? During the first rest or after the sear? 3. Can a crust be achieved on the outside with reverse sear method? If so, how do I get this? Thanks for your help. I'll post pics on Tuesday.

Comments

• Grillmagic
    Grillmagic Posts: 1,600
    edited December 2013
    Options

Cook them at 250 indirect until 108/110 then tent them while you let it rip to 550/600 pull the plate setter till 130/135 then put a little of this garlic butter you speak of. I believe if your looking for your best sear its best to pat them dry before your sear. I can taste them now...

Charlotte, Michigan XL BGE