Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

How do I save leftovers???

Options
My next Egg endeavor was going to be a brisket.  I have a wife and 2 kids, and getting a 10 pound plus brisket and cooking it will leave me a LOT of leftovers.  How do people store all this extra meat, assuming I don't have a foodsaver?
Gregg
Large BGE Owner since December of 2013!
Marietta, GA

Comments

• jls9595
    jls9595 Posts: 1,533
    Options
    get a foodsaver!  I don't have one yet but I used my aunt's this weekend and they are awesome.  I saved the rest  of my prime rib with it.  Best way to save leftovers. 
    In Manchester, TN
    Vol For Life!
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,030
    edited December 2013
    Options
    Found my foodsaver on Craigslist for $10. Might be able to find one on Craigslist for cheap. Maybe it's something you don't end up using very often and can save some cash buying it used. Most people buy them thinking they will use it all the time but in reality once they run out of bags they never use it again. So they put it on Craigslist instead of collecting more dust. My used one still had the plastic wrap on it. Just a thought
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • Dave in Florida
    Options
    Only two of us here most of the time. Egg, eat, Food Saver the leftovers into the freezer for great meals later.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Welcome to the Swamp.....GO GATORS!!!!