Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What's a used Mini cost?

Options
Looking for a used Mini. What's one worth? Anything special I should be on the lookout for.
Alan in LA (Lower Alabama that is)
"If you must choose between two evils, pick the one you've never tried before!" 

Comments

• WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,030
    edited December 2013
    Options
    I've seen them go for $25 and up. Picked my mini up for $150. The mini has actually grown over the years. I think the original mini started with a 9.5" grate. Today's mini sports a 10" grate. Making most current accessories too big for it. I have the double scissor style hinge on my mini. Not a big fan of it. Going to purchase the new style band for it but will need to be cut down, bent, and drilled out to make it fit right since it's a half inch larger. The other alternative is adding a gasket between the egg and band. Lower draft door changed over to stainless at some point. Original mini also came with a ceramic fire grate. No stress relief cutout on older fire boxes. Non Tel-Tru thermometer. I'm sure I'm missing a few other things. Some stuff to take into consideration before purchasing a used mini
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • cookingdude555
    Options
    You will get lots of opinions. Supply will determine most of the cost. I've seen one used mini for sale in four years of watching. I paid exactly what they were asking and it has been great.