Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

A Perfect Weekend in MN

Options

Saturday Night: 

4 day old Surly Abrasive. Check.

Kobe steaks on the Egg. Check. 

5 degrees F. Check. 

Sunday AM:

More Fresh Abrasive. Check 

Zero degrees. Check

Rack of ribs on the Egg. Check

A Perfect weekend in MN!!  Check!!

Brisket Is My Spirit Animal

Comments

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    Cold egging weather is the best egging weather. Don't let the haters tell you otherwise ;)
  • robnybbq
    robnybbq Posts: 1,911
    Options
    Cold egging weather is the best egging weather. Don't let the haters tell you otherwise ;)
    What are you trying to say?    :)

Garnerville, NY
  • minniemoh
    minniemoh Posts: 2,145
    Options
    4 day old Abrasive! Yup... that's awesome.
    L x2, M, S, Mini and a Blackstone 36. She says I have enough now....
    eggAddict from MN!
  • Charlesmaneri
    Options
    not to sound stupid what is Abrasive ?

2 Large Eggs and a Mini 2 Pit Bulls and a Pork shoulder or butt nearby and 100% SICILIAN
    Long Island N.Y.
  • Budgeezer
    Options

A seasonal IPA offered by a local brewery/Surly.
    Edina, MN

• WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,030
    edited December 2013
    Options
    Surly = Deliciousness. Good beer choice
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • Cookinbob
    Cookinbob Posts: 1,691
    Options
    I'm with you egging in the cold.  Good beer choice!  I have had Surly Furious and Bender, never the Abrasive.  Not sold in my area, but I have a friend who brings me a couple of 4 packs when he visits.  

BTW  I did brew a Furious clone kit (Ferocious)  bought from Midwest Supplies in...........Minnesota. If you are a brewer, it is hard to distinguish from the real thing.
    XLBGE, Small BGE, Homebrew and Guitars
    Rochester, NY
  • s_austin_egger
    Options
    I think we have hit 70+ today in central Texas. I'll stick with that over frozen egg lids. I'd like to try some of that brew though.
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options
    You had me at 4 day old Abrasive!  Nice weekend there.
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,491
    Options
    Budgeezer said:

A seasonal IPA offered by a local brewery/Surly.
    Tan que!  

Tin soldiers and Johnson's coming...

• jjsupafly
    Options
    Cookinbob said:
    I'm with you egging in the cold.  Good beer choice!  I have had Surly Furious and Bender, never the Abrasive.  Not sold in my area, but I have a friend who brings me a couple of 4 packs when he visits.  

BTW  I did brew a Furious clone kit (Ferocious)  bought from Midwest Supplies in...........Minnesota. If you are a brewer, it is hard to distinguish from the real thing.
    Hey Bob,

So, the Ferocious kit was the second batch I ever brewed when I started about 5-6 years ago....not my finest batch...lets just say I've learned a lot since then.  If you are interested, Northern Brewer (also here in MN 
    :D ) has a line of Pro Series kits where they have worked with brewers to get their actual production recipes scaled down to home brew batch sizes.  I've brewed Furious, Bender and Cynic.  All turned out great.  I actually modified the Bender kit by adding cacao nibs, vanilla beans, and an oak spiral to the keg....turned out really great.  Got the Bender and Cynic kits on my counter waiting to be brewed again during the holiday!

Cheers,
    J
    Brisket Is My Spirit Animal