Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Fat Egg in a Little Coat...

Options
Well, I went out and bought a table cover since my Egg is now housed outdoors. Doesn't fit. I made my table about 27" deep instead of the standard 24". So, i have a choice to make. I have a Large Egg, and my table is 60" x 27". Should I exchange my cover for an BGE XL Long Table cover, spend a little more and buy this Crowley Canyon cover, or do any of you have another suggestion? Im tired of rain and moisture making my table gross, dripping black coal dust sludge all over my deck. Any other ideas will be appreciated.
Athens, GA
XL BGE, Large BGE and RecTec590

Comments

• Charlesmaneri
    Options
    Dont know what it would cost but I'm sure you could go to a boat cover maker and he can make you a custom cover to fit you egg and table it's a thought
    2 Large Eggs and a Mini 2 Pit Bulls and a Pork shoulder or butt nearby and 100% SICILIAN
    Long Island N.Y.
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    If the XL table cover fits, get that. Who cares if your egg is a large?
  • BOWHUNR
    BOWHUNR Posts: 1,487
    Options
    I had John at Coverworks custom make mine.  You can get his contact information off the Naked Whiz site.

Mike

I'm ashamed what I did for a Klondike Bar!!

Omaha, NE
  • minniemoh
    minniemoh Posts: 2,145
    Options
    @BOWHUNR About how much was it for your cover? I need to have one made too and I was considering a local boat cover shop. I just have no idea how much something like this costs.
    L x2, M, S, Mini and a Blackstone 36. She says I have enough now....
    eggAddict from MN!
  • Mayberry
    Mayberry Posts: 750
    Options
    I just wrote the guy at coverworks to ask about price. My large BGE table cover was just around a hundred dollars. I'm assuming the xl cover will be about $10 more.
    Athens, GA
  • gmac
    gmac Posts: 1,814
    Options
    When I got my Egg, my Mom went to a "Tent and Awning" place and had a cover made for mine and it's great.  Plasticized and water proof.  My egg lives in my garage now and just goes out for fresh air when cooking so I don't bother with it but I think custom is the way to go.
    Mt Elgin Ontario - just a Large.
  • Mayberry
    Mayberry Posts: 750
    edited December 2013
    Options
    Actually picked ip the XL cover today and it fits perfect. Now I can wheel this baby back out from the screened in porch and see how waterproof it really is. It's been a real turd floater here in Georgia today. :-w
    Athens, GA