Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Help!

Options

Good day everyone.

New egger here.

I reside in the great white north (Toronto)

In October my wife and daughter bought me a LBGE and I have been stalking you all since then.

Thank you all for your recipes and advice, this is an incredible site for egg info.

Now for the help!

I have had the egg for two months and my wife is telling everyone I love the egg more than her.

I have purchased just about every accessory mentioned on this site and in two months have egged approx. 40 times.

Please tell me, are there any more of you out there who have significant others that feel they have been replaced by an egg ?

I could have worse habits, like smoking crack (Gotta love our mayor).

I will start posting cook pictures soon. 

Markham, Ontario

Comments

• SWVABeanCounter
    Options
    My wife thought that at first too, but soon got over it.  She loves the fact and actually brags about how she never has to cook any more.

Damascus, VA.  Friendliest town on the Appalachian Trail.

LBGE Aug 2012, SBGE Feb 2014

• Little Steven
    Options

Glad you could join us. Where in TO?

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Giddeup
    Options

I am 20 minutes north of TO

Markham

Markham, Ontario
  • Little Steven
    Options
    Canugghead and Texan of the North are fairly close to you, Markham and Aurora respectively. I'm in Caledon

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• RGBHV
    RGBHV Posts: 1,318
    Options
    In the beginning, my wife would roll her eyes.  After several years, she suggested that I buy her one BUT that she would never build the fire, start it herself, etc.  Of course, those are all things from the past. Now she's thrilled with the egg. 

Suffice to say, buy your wife an egg and she won't be jealous anymore.

Egg'n in Mississauga!  Welcome aboard!

Michael
  • TexanOfTheNorth
    Options
    Welcome to the lifestyle @Giddeup!

I'm in the same camp as @SWVABeanCounter in that Mrs. TOTN doesn't mind me doing the majority of the cooking; and she enjoys everything I make on the Egg.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    There are a lot of you guys from the GTA, we are being overrun haha
    Pure Michigan
    Large BGE, Medium BGE, Mini BGE, Weber Smokey Mountain, Weber Performer.
    If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.
  • HDumptyEsq
    HDumptyEsq Posts: 1,095
    Options
    Mine too - at first. Now she complains about the weight we've put on!

Tony in Brentwood, TN.

Medium BGE, New Braunfels off-set smoker, 3-burner Charbroiler gasser, mainly used for Eggcessory  storage, old electric upright now used for Amaz-N-Smoker.

"I like cooking with wine - sometimes I put it in the food." - W. C. Fields

• Giddeup
    Options

That's hilarious!

Last night while she was chowing down on some stuffed chops I egged she told me she has gained 6 pounds since the arrival of the egg.

I'm sure that as long as the awesome food keeps coming the eye rolling will go away.

Great to see there are a lot of eggers in the GTA.

Any of you guys know if there are any egg fests in our area?

Markham, Ontario
  • TexanOfTheNorth
    Options
    Yep, the Toronto Eggfest (usually in June) and one in Niagara (I think in late August).

I'd should also mention that you need to take pictures of your cooks, and post them here.

If you think your wife is rolling her eyes now just what until you start photographing what you cook! 
    :))
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    I'm fairly lucky, my wife wanted me to buy all 4 of my eggs. Maybe she is trying to tell me something?
  • pantsypants
    pantsypants Posts: 1,191
    Options
      Welcome
    I too am Eggin in Toronto !!
    Maybe just make more delicious food and she wont be able to complain ? :)
    Toronto
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,396
    Options

First it's the run from Texas and now the GTA-what area will eggsplode next?

BTW-welcome aboard and enjoy the journey.

Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Options
    Exactly how much lovin are you giving that egg here?
    :))
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • Skiddymarker
    Options
    Welcome, another from the centre of the universe, "Tranta". 
    Just make sure you only hug your egg when the dome thermo reads below 250ºF, otherwise it will leave a mark. 

Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • Giddeup
    Options

I haven't hugged it yet but I have made the rookie mistake of opening it up without burping to put on a pizza at 600 degrees!

Ouch!

Markham, Ontario
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    Same problem here, SWMBO says she now feels like my prep and cleanup assistant. I have started getting the kids involved after that.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker