Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

I made a top 25 list...

Options

of appetizers that should be banned for life!!

http://www.buzzfeed.com/christinebyrne/party-appetizers-that-should-be-banned-for-life

Guess she doesn't like stuffed mushrooms, but then again, according to her list, I don't think there is much she does like. If she has a party, I don't think I'll be attending. LOL. Truthfully, I'm not upset. I think its kind of funny.Here's my stuffed mushrooms, something that should never be served apparently because they tend to congeal when they cool.image

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

Comments

• Skiddymarker
    Options
    Wouldn't worry about her opinion too much, Stuffed 'shrooms are meant to be a warm appy so they don't "congeal", that's why we have warming trays. 

Well over half of what she takes exception with are mainstays for regular folks...some people are just foodie snobs - keep up the good work and sharing your cooks Griff, we appreciate your efforts.  
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Options
    Oh I'm not worried. With a list that long? Seems like she has issues. Or its a joke. Got a few laughs reading the comments people are leaving her.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• NDG
    NDG Posts: 2,431
    Options
    Yea you gotta laugh at this one . . 

Stupid people love making lists of things you cant do - soo lame.  Nothing worse than a "captain hindsight" with nothing productive to say/add.  
    Columbus, OH

“There are only two ways to live your life.  One is as though nothing is a miracle.  The other is as if everything is” 
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    Obviously she's a hipster moron... I'd eat about 75% of the things she listed. I think for my portion of our neighborhood round robin party...

Artisan bread.. Evo, thin sliced tomatoes, basil and cheese cut into 2x2 pieces

Pulled pork eggrolls

Smoked cheese... Maybe salmon

Pig shots

Serve what folks like and maybe a few surprises

BTW.. I'd murder those mushrooms.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    Ms. Christine Byrne probably doesn't know a knish form a cannoli. And I doubt she can make most of the apps she trashed. Not much credibility, IMO. 

Yeah, I'd be all over those 'shrooms too. Any publicity is good publicity, right?? Just ask Miley ;)

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • dawsonhull
    Options
    She doesn't know what she's talking about! I've made your stuffed mushrooms several times and everyone always asks for the recipe!
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    Griffin, you Loser! Only #21?! That's weak sauce.
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    henapple said:

Obviously she's a hipster moron... I'd eat about 75% of the things she listed. I think for my portion of our neighborhood round robin party...

Artisan bread.. Evo, thin sliced tomatoes, basil and cheese cut into 2x2 pieces

Pulled pork eggrolls

Smoked cheese... Maybe salmon

Pig shots

Serve what folks like and maybe a few surprises

BTW.. I'd murder those mushrooms.

Pot, meet kettle.

• henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    Damn, I have a scarf just like that...
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN