Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Wednesday cook: Lechon Asado to be egged in the blizzard

Options
I have been wanting to try Lechon Asado, will have 5 folks here Wednesday evening, and had a 3.5 lb half pork butt in the freezer.  We are to have a serious winter storm starting tonight through Wednesday dumping about 12" of snow, so I did some prep today.  Made up the citrus marinade (used my immersion blender - the perfect tool), and the pork is now swimming in it.  Cleaned out the egg, and laid the fire with Maple chunks for smoke.  Also filled my starter chimney, I did not want to do any of these tasks while standing in the blizzard.

I plan to light the fire around 11 AM and cook it turbo at 350 dome, then FTC until dinner time.  Serving with Kings Hawiian slider rolls, and Vigo black beans and rice.  For the mojo sauce, I bought a bottle of Dinosaur as I did not want to mess with it tomorrow - there will be a lot going on in the kitchen including my own prep for a Mad max Turkey.
XLBGE, Small BGE, Homebrew and Guitars
Rochester, NY

Comments