Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Injecting the turkey the night before?

Options

Is this a idea or are there problems injecting the night before?  Was thinking of using a mixture of butter and spices for the mix.

Thanks.

Comments

• ChuckChampion
    Options
    Don't inject. You take a risk of making the meat mushy in the spots you injected. Just search turkeys on here and follow the instructions. And def. try mickeys coffee rub. I've got a turkey on at this moment using his rub and method of cooking.
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    I'm a fan of injecting and have never had any problems other than there being very little leftovers....

I use an off the shelf creole butter w extra dded hot sauce
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • jls9595
    jls9595 Posts: 1,533
    Options
    I inject, but haven't the night before. I did a beer and butter injection a couple weeks ago, but only an hour before it went on the egg. It was very good. I was actually thinking about doing it the night before this year, don't really know what difference it would make.
    In Manchester, TN
    Vol For Life!