Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Was in the mood for some wings

Options
Had a serious craving for buffalo wings over the weekend. I've cooked many different flavored wings over the past summers, but havent tried good ol buffalo. I guess because i dont always like the different variations of sauces at some restaurants.

I decided to go for it last night. Not exactly rocket science, but the quest for a perfect buffalo wing added some stress for my first time.

I bought a pack of wings, kept them whole to be easier on the grill, washed and patted dry. Heated the egg up to 350. decided to do direct on raised grid with AR. While the egg was warming up, dusted the wings with salt, pepper, garlic powder, and some red pepper flakes.

Sauce:  1 bottle Franks hot sauce 'wings; 4 T unsalted butter, 2 T brown sugar, small spoon of minced garlic, few shakes of red pepper flakes and about 5 drops of dave's insanity ghost pepper sauce. simmered all on stove for 15-20 mins. Left over sauce i poured back into bottle for next time.

The wings were on the grill nearly an hour and i flipped them every 20 mins from start, then brushed with sauce and flipped every 10 till they were finished. YUM!  Thats a side of chunky blue cheese for dipping.

Sorry only have pick of finished product, but dang were they amazing. Heat was just right..i like them hot! Problem was they were so tasty i couldnt let them cool (rest) from the grill long enough due to my hunger and kept burning my mouth and fingers.

Looking forward to these again.

Woodstock, GA

Comments