Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Anybody ever freeze cooked turkey?

Options
I'm thinking of cooking 2 turkey breast just to be safe and I want left overs. If it's too much haw does cooked turkey freeze? Should I add broth to the vacuum bags to help keep it from drying out?
LBGE
Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA

Comments

• Terrebandit
    Terrebandit Posts: 1,750
    Options
    Absolutely. I always cook a bigger bird than I need and freeze the leftovers. I'll add just a small amount of juice. The vacuum sealer can't deal with much.
    Dave - Austin, TX
  • SmokinDAWG82
    Options
    Thanks man, I'm going to go for it!
    LBGE
    Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA
  • GrannyX4
    GrannyX4 Posts: 1,491
    Options
    Right now I have 2 Cajun turkeys, 5 boneless turkey breasts, 2 fatties, chili and 2 quarts of turkey broth in the freezer. Foods saver is my friend.
    Every day is a bonus day and every meal is a banquet in Winter Springs, Fl !
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    Go for it. In the past we have frozen turkey in sandwich bags (non-zip) in smaller portions, then put all the little bags in a big zip loc with all the air squeezed out. If that worked, you will definitely be ok with a foodsaver. If you heat up by placing the foodsaver bag in boiling water, there should be little chance of it drying out. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.