Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost football season, so we’re perfecting our favorite tailgating and homegating recipes! Whether you like hamburgers, wings, brats, ribs or something cooked with beer, we have everything you’ll need for the perfect tailgate party. We always like inviting friends to join our tailgates because the EGG is about community and having fun, so make sure if you’re inviting company you make extra - the food will be gone before you know it! Don't forget dessert, either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

My deck with built in outdoor kitchen, Pic heavy.

ThatgrimguyThatgrimguy Posts: 1,433
edited November 2013 in EggHead Forum
I've had my XL for about 6 months and I already bought a 2nd egg (Small) and built myself an outdoor kitchen where I can enjoy my view.  I included lots of counter space, an under-mount sink, 1 XL, 1 Small and a gas range with 2 burners.

I still need to seal the cabinetry, lower the height on the small to match the XL, install the stainless doors, run the plumbing, drain and gas lines. And get all the electrical done. Lots of lighting, plugs and a couple "Haiku" fans from the Big Ass Fan company.

Well here are the pics. So close to being done, but I just couldn't wait anymore!!

Then the palms showed up!!

And finally the outdoor kitchen. I should have gotten better progression shots.

Well, that's my slice of paradise!! Off to shop for thanksgiving ingredients. I plan to use my new kitchen for all it's worth. (that is if I can get the gas and plumbing done in time...)
Biloxi, MS
XL / Small

"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those timid spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat." - Theodore Roosevelt

Comments

• hapsterhapster Posts: 7,163
    Wow!!!

Nice set up! Congrats and best wishes that you have many years to enjoy it with friends and family!
  • Absolutely gorgeous !!!! Your deck, your kitchen, your house, your property.  Central Florida?

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• danv23danv23 Posts: 552
    I wish I knew how to do that.  Well done.

The Dude: Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.

Walter Sobchak: [shouting] Has the whole world gone crazy? Am I the only one around here who gives a **** about the rules? Mark it zero!

Cumming, GA
  • Man O Man! I'm jealous. An amazing setup.

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Johnson, Navin R... Sounds like a typical bastard.

Belmont, NC

• DMWDMW Posts: 7,213
    Jealous! That's a beautiful setup!
    My Facebook Place where I document my cooking
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - Hasty Bake Legacy - Black Stone Pizza Oven - Gasser - 30" Firepit w/SS Cooking Grid
  • CP92CP92 Posts: 205
    Very nice.
    Chris
    LBGE
    Laurel, MD
  • Beautiful.....and it all started with an Egg
  • Very very nice! Are you going to put something up to keep the snow out?

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• ThatgrimguyThatgrimguy Posts: 1,433
    edited November 2013
    Very very nice! Are you going to put something up to keep the snow out?

I live on the Gulf Coast in MIssissippi. I have only seen snow on vacation so no worries there!  I'm thinking about adding an umbrella mount between the XL and the stove in case rain, but with the eggware cap, it's really non issue.  The pergola has a clear plastic "roof" so you can eat and hang out in light rain no problem.
    Biloxi, MS
    XL / Small

"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those timid spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat." - Theodore Roosevelt
  • WeberWho?WeberWho? Posts: 2,299
    Daaaaaammmmnnnnn that's super nice! I'd be partying every weekend with a layout like that!
  • GK59GK59 Posts: 501
    You Win!

Smitty's Kid's BBQ

Bay City,MI

Thank you all so much! I plan to enjoy it for many many years to come!  Funny fact. The deck is 600 ft2 while my house interior is only 1032 ft2.  Who needs to be inside with this in the backyard?
    Biloxi, MS
    XL / Small

• 4Runner4Runner Posts: 2,093
    Looks awesome!
    Joe - I'm a reformed gasser-holic aka 4Runner Columbia, SC Wonderful BGE Resource Site: http://www.nakedwhiz.com/ceramicfaq.htm and http://www.nibblemethis.com/  and http://playingwithfireandsmoke.blogspot.com/2006/02/recipes.html
    What am I drinking now?   Woodford....neat
  • Absolutely gorgeous! What an amazing space.
    Marietta, East Cobb, GA
  • CPARKTXCPARKTX Posts: 1,095
    Amazing! Looks great.
    LBGE & SBGE.  Central Texas.  
  • I don't see a bottle opener?

Kidding, beautiful space with gorgeous view!
    LBGE
    Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA
  • Jealous, very jealous. very well done, looks great!
    County of Parkland, Alberta, Canada
    edited November 2013
    I don't see a bottle opener?

Biloxi, MS
    XL / Small

• Wow. What an amazing space.
  • SmokeyPittSmokeyPitt Posts: 7,069
    That is absolutely beautiful.  Just the egg area alone is a masterpiece...the whole set up is just out of this world.  You should be dayum proud.  

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• henapplehenapple Posts: 14,663
    Wow...
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Nice.
    CC, TX
    1 Small, 1 Large, BGE Lump... and a lot of love.
  • Impressive!!!
  • texaswigtexaswig Posts: 1,002
    Very nice.
    Scott
    Greenville ,Tx

Xl bge with woo2 and ajustable rack
  • Hi54puttyHi54putty Posts: 1,626
    Holy crap. Fantastic.
    XL,L,S 
    Winston-Salem, NC 
  • Looks like an awesome setup with plenty of room for family and friends to enjoy some BGE cookin! You really did a great job on that.
  • RACRAC Posts: 1,526
    Wow! ^:)^

Ricky

Spring, TX

• calikingcaliking Posts: 7,124
    Most excellent. When can I move in ? :D

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • calikingcaliking Posts: 7,124
    I don't see a bottle opener?

pwned.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • RLeeperRLeeper Posts: 480
    Dude..that's a resort!
    Extra Large, Large, and Mini. Tucker, GA