Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Question on vertical roasting a turkey

Options
So, the wife decided to sign us up to host Thanksgiving this year.  I agreed provided that I got to do the bird on the egg.  She of course had no objection to this since I do all the cooking anyway :)

Last weekend I went to a class on grilling turkey at my local egg dealer and got a lot of great info.  Based on what they presented, I've decided I'm going to go with the vertical method.  I've got the necessary hardware however I lost the notes I took at the class and am missing two important pieces of information.  First, what temp. should I have the grill at?  I seem to recall the guy at the class said 300, but I could be off.  Other posts I've seen seem to say 350 - 275.  Second, about how long per pound should I be looking at if I'm going at whatever the recommended temp is?  I'm planning to do a 16 lb bird.  I've done some searching here and elsewhere online and there seems to be a fair amount of variation as to time per pound.

Thanks in advance!

Comments