Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
There are two very delicious food holidays coming up that we wanted to share with you all because cheese and guac deserve to be celebrated! Guacamole Day is on September 16th and Cheeseburger Day is on September 18th. Happy cooking EGGheads! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Pensacola Eggfest Success!

First off, wanted to thank Buck Hall and everyone involved in putting this on! Pensacola has been needing something like this for a long time! We were one of the first teams to sign up and no one had any idea of how many cooks to be expecting, ending up being over 50 teams cooking. The location could not be any better, right on Pensacola Bay at our AA baseball team Blue Wahoos stadium. Weather was perfect and it was smelling amazing everywhere down town with the wind blowing in from the bay and pushing the wonderful smoke and aroma we all love around town! 

I believe there were over 700 tasters that came for the event and 90% of folks ran out of food right before everything was closing down, we did chicken kabobs over fried rice and alligator kabobs that came from one of the alligators we killed over the summer that was 13'8" and weighted 675lbs (we had quite the store to tell!) over jambalaya. 

The meet and greet of all the teams was awesome and couldn't wish for better food and a new local brewery's beer. 

Here are a few picture I got of getting everything ready and tearing down. Was WAY to busy cooking during the festivities!

I highly recommend everyone trying to come next year if you get a chance, cant beat the Gulf Coast this time of year... unless a hurricane comes. If anyone has more pictures please add them!

Comments