Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Sweet Potatoes on BGE

Options
Cooked up a couple of sweet potatoes tonight. Washed, poked holes in them with fork, rubbed with garlic EVOO, kosher salt and pepper. Grilled at 400 indirect for an hour. This was a first for me on the egg, they were good and easy to make!

Comments

• shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,690
    Options
    No pics = no taters

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• Central_Bama_Egger
    Options
    I saw some sweet taters tonight at the store. Wondered what the cook on them should be. I WILL be trying that very soon.
    Huntsville, Al LBGE
  • Solson005
    Solson005 Posts: 1,911
    edited March 2013
    Options
    I love sweet potato fries, I'm still trying to dial in my method but am very close and will make a post when I think they are worthy.. 

Maybe I just need to keep them whole. I will try your method soon.. 
    Large & Small BGE, CGW Two-Tier Swing Rack for BOTH EGGS, Spider for the Wok, eggCARTen & and Cedar Pergola my Eggs call home in Edmond, OK. 
  • Tjcoley
    Tjcoley Posts: 3,551
    Options
    Try cinnamon sugar instead of garlic.
    Solson005 Posts: 1,911
    Options
    Dizzy Pig Pineapple Head rub is also great on sweet potatoes.
    Large & Small BGE, CGW Two-Tier Swing Rack for BOTH EGGS, Spider for the Wok, eggCARTen & and Cedar Pergola my Eggs call home in Edmond, OK. 
  • TadPole
    Options
    Thanks, I am going to try some sweet potatoes tonight, 
    I plan to try 400 for an hour wrapped in foil.  
    When those are ready, I will put some Mahi filets marinated in Sesame Ginger on and then have my 4th BGE dinner.
    Wish this Rookie good luck.
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,676
    Options
    TadPole said:
    Thanks, I am going to try some sweet potatoes tonight, 
    I plan to try 400 for an hour wrapped in foil.  
    When those are ready, I will put some Mahi filets marinated in Sesame Ginger on and then have my 4th BGE dinner.
    Wish this Rookie good luck.

Ok, stop counting your cooks and start taking pictures of them. Now you are an EGGER!

Mahi is so good on the Egg.

Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• TadPole
    Options
    Ha, Will do.  No more counting. Just eating.
    Will post some pics for sure.
  • TadPole
    Options
    Mahi was awesome.  I cooked the sweet potatoes for one hour at 350 or so, then put Mahi on for 8 minutes per side with a little Apple chips.  
    Dinner was much better than my pics!
    Cheers
  • six_egg
    six_egg Posts: 1,110
    Options
    I like to make 1/4" thick slices with my sweet potatoes then throw on some Braswell's and EVOO. Grill on egg until they get crisp outside tender inside.

XLBGE, LBGE 

Fernandina Beach, FL