Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Introduction from new guy

Options
Cockeye BBQ
Cockeye BBQ Posts: 7
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
PA150012.JPG
<p />Hello everyone![p]I spend a lot of time over on the "other" forum, and decided I need to make some acquintances over on this side too. :)[p]I'm Erik Hoover, from NE Ohio, and I cook exclusively on BGE's under the name Cockeye. You'd see why the first time you talk to me in person on account of my whacked out crooked eye. :)[p]I'm mostly a lurker, and will probably lay pretty low and usually only chime in when I have something to add. But I wanted to say Hello and introduce myself properly.[p]I cook a half dozen contests or so a year, so if you see me or my trademark Jolly Roger flying over my trailer, please come over and say hello!
[ul][li]Cockeye BBQ Homepage[/ul]

Comments

• YB
    YB Posts: 3,861
    Options
    Cockeye BBQ,
    Welcome to the BGE forum....It's a great group of folks and we look forward to learning a few things from you.
    Larry

• Lawn Ranger
    Lawn Ranger Posts: 5,467
    Options
    Cockeye BBQ,
    Welcome aboard! Hope to hear more from you.[p]Mike

• Spring Chicken
    Options
    Cockeye BBQ,
    That is one cool logo you have there. I'm jealous. I go by the handle "Spring Chicken" and I've had some serious problems with my eye lately.[p]Anyway, don't just "lurk" - participate. We value your ideas and comments.[p]Welcome.[p]Spring "Cyclops" Chicken
    Spring Texas USA

• Cockeye BBQ,Welcome over here. I also use the other Forum. My wife and I do some comps using just EGGS. I think I saw you would be at the Jack this weekend so maybe we will run into you as we are going and hang out fri. & sat.[p]Ms. Diane & Poppasam [Jus-Fer-Fun Cooking Crew]

• Erik,[p]Welcome to the forum. I didn't get a chance to talk with you at Nelsonville but congratulations on your great finish in ribs. I will see you this weekend at the Jack and don't forget to bring both Randy and Mikes new large Eggs with you and don't forget my standard commission of one Milwaukee's Best Light beer for each Egg I sell for you. [p]Dave

• JDOTR
    JDOTR Posts: 85
    Options
    Cockeye BBQ,
    Welcome Erik... If your going to be at the Jack mabey we'll bump into ya on Friday.
    Chet

[ul][li]Co-Bros-Que[/ul]
  • The Virginian
    Options
    Cockeye BBQ,
    Welcome and thanks for introducing yourself. I hope you can make it to one of the MD or PA contests next year so we can meet in person(my team tends to stick to the mid-atlantic states). [p]Brett
    Free Range BBQ

• Humpty
    Humpty Posts: 27
    Options
    Cockeye BBQ,
    Welcome--my guess is you will become a frequent "poster" and not just a "lurker". There is no shortage of information or great new ideas surfacing everyday. I too am primarily a lurker but trying to fix that problem. I think I am basically lazy! Hope to see many more of your posts and especially pictures of your successes.
    Larry

• drbbq
    drbbq Posts: 1,152
    Options
    Welcome Erik,
    Good to see you here.

Ray Lampe Dr. BBQ
  • bbqwizard
    bbqwizard Posts: 119
    Options
    Cockeye BBQ,[p]Welcome! That is a nice table you have in the picture. Did you build it? Heard you guys had some fun in Nelsonville this year. [p]phillip
  • Bobby-Q
    Bobby-Q Posts: 1,994
    Options
    Cockeye BBQ,
    Welcome aboard.[p]If you're gonna be at the Jack like some have mentioned, I will definitely come by and say hello.

• Cockeye BBQ
    Options
    Thanks for the welcome guys. I know an introduction isn't really necessary for those of you that post on the BBQForum, but I see a lot of new names on this side, so I thought a quick "Who am I" would be ok.[p]Dave - you got it, I was trying to decide which brew to bring to the Jack in my cooler, will have to stray from my usual PBR, but I think I can muster some Milwaukee's Best for ya. And I sure do appreciate the referrals.[p]Doc - thanks, I'll be spending a lot more time reading and learning more tricks for these beloved Eggs. Especially now that fence season is winding down.[p]Everyone else that was nice enough to post, if you will be at the Jack, look for me cooking with another team that I cook with several times a year, "Front Street Smokehouse" from Jersey. Just look for the red and white circus tent and piggy mailbox. If Ol Dave doesn't drink all my MB, I'll surely crack one open and shoot the sh@t with you.
  • Moldy Coyote
    Options
    Cockeye BBQ,
    Mr. Hoover, welcome aboard! I always enjoy new gentlemen and ladies that can contribute to our enjoyment. I look forward to learning from those that know the art![p]David