Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What I Learned During My First Low and Slow Party Q Pork Butt

Options
This was my first low and slow overnight cook with the Party Q. I had a 10 pound pork butt. I put it on at 7:00 p.m. last night and took it off at 1:00 p.m. today at 195 because my family was hungry. It was great but I learned a few things. 1. Allow 2 hours per pound. The pork could have cooked another hour. I didn't have time to FTC and I think that would have made the meat moister. 2. I ran out of charcoal at 12 noon. With the time change, that was 18 hours. Next time I will add more charcoal. I am wondering if I could load more charcoal if I used the platesetter instead of the adjustable rig. 3. Don't attach the PartyQ until the temp reaches 250 but attach the Party Q thermometer to the grid as the grill is heating up. If you don't, even though the grill is hot the fan blows the whole time the thermometer is heating up. The pork was great and my family loved it. I learn something from every cook. I appreciate all of the help from this forum. I am already planning my next cook. The Big Green Egg is definitely an addiction.

Comments