Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

When and how you discovered the big green egg?

Options

Comments

• shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,661
    Options
    @SWVABean Countet it's not bad with two people. I will post a pic when I get home in a little while.

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,661
    Options

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• flynnbob
    flynnbob Posts: 665
    Options
    Took a bunch of contractors out fishing in Alabama.  Every charter boat had a BGE on it - I thought that it was odd.  We caught 24 red snapper that day and cooked 2 of them up on the ride back in.  You could not beat that and I understood.  Had a big gasser and didn't think that much about the egg until I cooked on my BIL's Big Steel Keg and realized what I was missing.  I went back home and bought the best - The egg.
    Milton, GA.
  • travisstrick
    Options
    This pinned thread is gross and shameful. We eggers have begged and pleaded for some admin support so many times and this is how they choose to intervene. 

I will now try to dissuade at least two potential eggers for their arrogance. 
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • Tjcoley
    Tjcoley Posts: 3,551
    Options
    Clicked on the highlighted 'gear' in the upper right, clicked 'Dismiss', and now this thread is no longer on top. At least that's a start.
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    Can't do that on my DROID....
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,533
    edited November 2013
    Options
    I was inspired after reading a thread similar to this few years ago @-) ... I now own three eggs  :D
    canuckland
  • Tbonez3858
    Options
    I ate a hamburger about 13 years ago at muss and turners. It was the best burger I had ever had. I asked what made it taste that way and the waiter simply stated the big green egg. I finally bought one about six months ago.
  • grEGGorys
    Options
    SWMBO has wanted one for about ten years but I didn't want to mess with charcoal. I have been gassing and didn't want to change until we went to Smoking in the Square in Pensacola. One of the local pool companies had a booth and was handing out samples and we ended up buying the medium demo egg. That was about eight months ago and I love it.
    Gulf Coast FL
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    edited November 2013
    Options

This pinned thread is gross and shameful. We eggers have begged and pleaded for some admin support so many times and this is how they choose to intervene. 

I agree somewhat. I like the thread, it's a fun read. Just don't like what the Nazis did with it. So here's my contribution:

1. Free egg for @CANMAN1976

2. http://eggheadforum.com/discussion/1158373/no-offense-me-no-likey-announcement#latest

See what I did there? :D

Wonder how long it will take to delete this...

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • bicktrav
    bicktrav Posts: 640
    Options
    Earlier this year at Barbecues Galore.  Was going in for a Weber.  Saw this giant green thing in the window and thought it was hilarious, but didn't pay it much attention until I asked the salesman "If you could have one grill in this store, price is no obstacle, which would it be?"  His response: "Hands-down, the Big Green Egg."  The rest is history.
    Southern California
  • cortguitarman
    Options

Sorry Travis, I'm not seeing what's got your panties in a wad. Seems like smart marketing for BGE. Just my opinion.
    Mark Annville, PA
  • cortguitarman
    Options
    Thanks @Village Idiot now I understand. :D
    Mark Annville, PA
  • travisstrick
    Options

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot Posts: 6,959
    edited November 2013
    Options
    THAT'S MY BUDDY !!!!!  This is a picture of him at the Salado Eggfest a couple of years ago, when somebody refused to eat his oysters.

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Options
    This is probably how it went down, the guys at the mothership were having a few cocktails after work and got on the forum and one of them said "want to piss off a few guys on the forum? Watch this"

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • SteveWPBFL
    SteveWPBFL Posts: 1,327
    Options
    Saw one in a New Yorker magazine ad, I think it was, and looked them up on line. The price was over my head at the time. That was ten or so years ago. Two years ago went camping with Cub Scouts and our grubmaster had one. I was enamored. He gave my a tour. I reveled about it. My wife got me one for birthday!
  • Richtermedic
    Options
    I finally convinced "you-know-who" at home that our 7 year old little grill that could from Walmart for 80 bucks had seen it's last days about a year and a half ago. I began searching for its replacement and decided I could not choose between the convenience of gas vs the great flavor of cooking with charcoal. I opted for a hybrid grill, a gas on one side and charcoal on the other. I said go big or go home so I through the smoker box in there on the side. Found a real nice one at Sam's for about $500. Made my decision and went home to sleep on it just in case. 

On the way home "you-know-who" suggested we stop by that lil store that sells those green egg things. I said ok sure why not. I went home from that store and drew up plans on how to build a table for my newly purchased XL BGE. I built the table myself with her help and one week later our new baby was delivered. I've been in love ever since.
  • Richtermedic
    Options
    For what is was worth. I really talked to the salesman until I was blue to get the price down. Not only did I get an XL for the Large price, I went home with about 350 in eggcessories. 
  • TUTTLE871
    TUTTLE871 Posts: 1,316
    Options
    @travisstrick dude you have been working out.
    Is that a military issue 45 or one from your personal collection.

"Hold my beer and watch this S##T!"

LARGE BGE DALLAS TX.

• henapple
    Options
    Who's @travisstrick kidding.... He's the dude playing the dude..
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    THAT'S MY BUDDY !!!!!  This is a picture of him at the Salado Eggfest a couple of years ago, when somebody refused to eat his oysters.

and here he is now. fatherhood has not been kind: image
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    and here he is now. fatherhood has not been kind:
    I tried... but I cant...stop...looking...

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • henapple
    Options
    And ya'll give me hell.
  • travisstrick
    Options
    That's actually a decent selection of guns. I also like the glock knife in of green.

If I can stay sober enough to remember pics, I'll be posting about my beef ribs tonight. Stay tuned.
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    That's actually a decent selection of guns. I also like the glock knife in of green. If I can stay sober enough to remember pics, I'll be posting about my beef ribs tonight. Stay tuned.

give 'em hell tonight buddy! image
  • Village Idiot
    Options
    When did you grow a beard, Travis?

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    When did you grow a beard, Travis?

and that sweet skullett..........give a guy a few weeks off and this what happens