Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope you all had a big green St. Patrick’s Day! While you’re waiting for it to be Easter time, try some of the new recipes we’ve recently added to our website. One of our favorite dishes is the Easy Jambalaya with Beef, and our favorite sweet & savory treat is the Sweet Cream Crostini.

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

SUCKLING PIG

I just got a phone call from a pig farmer he got me a suckling pig I will be going to the farm latter on to slaughter the pig with  the help of the farmer then I will season with salt ,Pepper and garlic powder inside the cavity and some bad Byrons butt rub on the outside then it will chill out in the refrigerator overnight then tomorrow I will introduce the pig to the LBGE photos to follow !!!
2 Large Eggs and a Mini 2 Pit Bulls and a Pork shoulder or butt nearby and 100% SICILIAN
Long Island N.Y.
·

Comments

• GriffinGriffin Posts: 6,755
    Lookking forward to the pics and all the details. How much does it run you per pound if I may ask?

Richardson, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

·
  • @Griffin I'm not sure what it cost per pound because I don't know how much it weighs all I know is the pig cost me $100.00 once I slaughter it I will see what the dressed out weight is 
    2 Large Eggs and a Mini 2 Pit Bulls and a Pork shoulder or butt nearby and 100% SICILIAN
    Long Island N.Y.
    ·
  • Nice sounds very tasty.  Let us know how it turns out.

LRG BGE

Columbia, SC

·
  • shtgunal3shtgunal3 Posts: 2,902
    I'm looking forward to seeing this .

LBGE,SBGE, and a mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

·
  • YEMTreyYEMTrey Posts: 2,094
    :Subscribed:
    XL BGE and Mini Max in Cincinnati, Ohio
    "REMEMBER DUANE ALLMAN"
    ·
  • =P~
    Very excited

LBGE & SBGE (big momma and pat)
    ·
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 13,527
    I want to do one.... Keep us posted.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
    ·
  • DMWDMW Posts: 5,809
    Nice, I did a 92lb dressed pig on a pig roaster last summer, was some of the best pulled pork I ever had. Look forward to seeing how this goes, may need to do one on my XL.
    My Facebook Place where I document my cooking
    Morgantown, PA
    XL BGE - S BGE - Blackstone Pizza Oven - 30" Steel Fire Pit w/Cooking Grid - Hasty Bake Legacy - KJ Jr - Gasser
    ·
  • imageimageimage
    IMG_0399.jpg 851.6K
    IMG_0400.jpg 821.2K
    Long Island N.Y.
    ·
  • AquacopAquacop Posts: 467
    Awesome, look forward to the cook!
    LBGE 2013 Located in Savannah, Georgia
    ·
  • CanuggheadCanugghead Posts: 4,467
    $100 seems like a high price. They sell for about $25 around here on the hoof.
    can we do a group buy please?  :D
    canuckland
    ·
  • EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 10,449
    DO NOT INVITE HENAPPLE!!
    ·
  • hapsterhapster Posts: 6,381
    Very excited to see how this plays out... Have fun!
    ·
  • Yeah I' m very excited for this I will keep the pics coming as this develop next will be the pig with seasoning 
    Long Island N.Y.
    ·
  • @Griffin it wound up $8.33 a pound it weighed 12 pounds yeah it was expensive but I'm super excited so the price is worth it for all the fun I'm going to have cooking it  I mean it don't take much to amaze us(EGGHEADS) 
    Long Island N.Y.
    ·
  • @1310monster where do you live that pork (suckling Pig ) is so cheap if it's not to far I might have to take a road trip (my 2nd favorite thing to do other then Egging)
    Long Island N.Y.
    ·
  • calikingcaliking Posts: 6,583
    Nice. Will stay tuned!

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
    ·
  • Here it is seasonedimage
    image.jpg 2.3M
    Long Island N.Y.
    ·
  • Here it is in the Eggimage
    image.jpg 2.3M
    Long Island N.Y.
    ·
    edited November 2013
    Awesome, can you post a side view pic in the egg if it's not too much trouble please?

btw, no drip pan?
    canuckland
    ·
  • Yeah no drip panimage
    image.jpg 2.4M
    Long Island N.Y.
    ·
  • To be honest I was so excited I forgot the drip pan
    Long Island N.Y.
    ·
  • Great post. Looking forward to seeing the end product charles
    ·
  • shtgunal3shtgunal3 Posts: 2,902
    That looks awesome! You may want to wrap his ears in foil or they may burn off.

LBGE,SBGE, and a mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

·
  • CPARKTXCPARKTX Posts: 948
    Inspiring, I've so been wanting to do one of these.
    LBGE & SBGE.  Central Texas.  
    ·
  • TjcoleyTjcoley Posts: 3,422
    Very nicely done!
  • I will let everyone know how it turns out I'm dieing over hear with the smell
    Long Island N.Y.
    ·
    edited November 2013
    Love the XL, no backbone breaking!

Edit: ooops, I thought it's an XL
    canuckland
    ·
  • calikingcaliking Posts: 6,583
    Oh my lord, that lil piggy looks beautiful!

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
    ·
  • Keep the pix coming!!

I've always wanted to do one.  My stumbling block is Wilma.  She freaks out about her food having a face.  Kinda like the Peking duck in Christmas Story.  

........................................................................................

Flint, Michigan.  Named the most dangerous city in America by the F.B.I. three years running.

We invented the U.A.W. and carjacking!

·