Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

3rd cook.... Ribeyes bone in

Options
NPHuskerFL
NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
Turned out tender and juicy. Next time I'll do a reverse sear. I just bought the cast iron grid a week or so after I did this cook. But everybody enjoyed the meal. Also made some baked potatoes on the BGE with these steaks and mixed veggies.
LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL

Comments

• Dave in Florida
    Options
    Bone in ribeyes...my favorate steak. Nice job on yours.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Welcome to the Swamp.....GO GATORS!!!!
  • Scottborasjr
    Scottborasjr Posts: 3,494
    Options
    The best steaks I've ever had have been bone in ribeyes. Nicely done. 
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    All 4 were roughly 1 3/4" thick. I was a bit nervous doing these as they weren't cheap and I'm a new egger. But the temp control went perfect at 350F-425F and just used feel of meat for guide and of course a temp probe. But, everyone was pleased with the finished product. These were done in I want to say like 8-12min. Baked potato at 400F for 1.25 hrs indirect, legs up on pampered chef stone---I Brined the potatoes 4 hrs in sea salt, dried off, coated w/ e.v.o. and salt and pepper the outside. These were LG potatoes.
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL