Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s that time of year again-time to hop on out to your backyard for an EGG hunt. If you’re lucky, you’ll only have to search as far as your patio! Planning on cooking Easter Sunday? Check out our Easter Menu. If you’re looking for a sweet treat to enjoy with the whole family, try at least one of our sweet treats, if not both: Grilled Peeps & Carrot Cupcakes. Lastly, if you’re having company, our Pinterest page has lots of ideas for entertaining. We hope you have an EGGstra tasty holiday!

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

OT: Filipino Pork BBQ (2 of 2)

Village IdiotVillage Idiot Posts: 6,951
edited October 2013 in Off Topic
I found this link for a Filipine street food BBQ on a skewer.  It piqued my interest because it recommends 2 days of marinating and the marinade includes 7 Up.  Anyway, I did it and the results were outstanding !!! I will certainly do it again.

Dripping Springs, Texas.
Just west of Austintatious

·

Comments

• GriffinGriffin Posts: 6,757
    Ain't nothing wrong with having other grills in your arsenal. I've been thinking of getting something else lately.. Pork looks amazing. I was looking at that recipe and wanted to try it.

Richardson, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

·
  • Fred19FlintstoneFred19Flintstone Posts: 5,123
    edited October 2013

That's a great looking dish VI!  When I had my large, I missed the capability you spoke of.  Banking the coals is an age-old technique with Weber kettles.  Having an XL, I can cook the same dishes I used to cook with my kettle, but couldn't on the large. 

Here's the banked coals in the XL using brackets from CGS. 

Here we are indirect. 

Enjoy your new toy!

........................................................................................

Flint, Michigan.  Named the most dangerous city in America by the F.B.I. three years running.

We invented the U.A.W. and carjacking!

·
  • EggoMaticEggoMatic Posts: 130
    Those sticks look pretty darn tasty I should say! Thanks for the recipe.
    LBGE Virginia Beach, Virginia
    ·
  • Yeah, Fred.  Can't do that on my Large.

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

·
  • Hells bells! I just ate at a Filipino food truck in Austin outside of my office. Garlic fried rice, and sweet & sour pork belly. (&mexican coke) sorry about pic rotation.

Also agree on the arsenal - bought this thing in China for six bucks and I love it! I placed it on my gasser grates, humiliating for the old bastard.

My favorite thing about Filipino food it that it is pork heavy.
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Austin, Texas.  I'm the guy holding a beer.
    ·
  • travisstricktravisstrick Posts: 4,747
    Super like!!
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
    ·
  • EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 10,477
    Ooooh - Weeee!

Now I know what to do with my country ribs! Great cook monsignor!
    ·
  • the only thing I know about the Philippines is what I learned by watching "To catch a Predator" with Chris Hansen. It's not a cooking show though so probably won't find this recipe on that show.

·
  • That looks yummy. Thanks for sharing.
    LBGE- Atlanta, LBGE and SBGE- Ellijay, GA
    ·
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 16,044
    Did you lose my friggin number :)]
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

·