Who’s ready for football and tailgating? We are! Check out our tailgating page
for recipes that are great to bring to a tailgate, or cook at home if you’re entertaining friends during a game. If you need an easy breakfast recipe, these Sticky Buns
are the way to go. If you’re looking for a fan favorite with bacon, try these Double Pork Sliders
. We can’t wait to kick off another fall full of tasty food!
Coming to Atlanta for EGGtoberfest? Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340 - NOTE we are CLOSED on Saturday OCT 10th for EGGtoberfest.
Flounder - first try with pics
Made a basic Cajun rub (below) found from cooks illustrated and made a Tartar Sauce (below) I found from a trout post that @griffin posted in the spring - thanks dude! Earlier in the night I bloomed the spice rub in warm butter in a skillet and let it cool in the fridge. Next I scored (cut thin slits) the flounder with the skin on, and rubbed the spice/butter mixture into slits in fish and all over both sides. I went raised direct (rather than cast iron and oil) at 475F for about 2 mins per side. I suck at grilling fish - never know when it is done. The middle ended up a little undercooked so we put that back in the oven for a few minutes while we ate the ends. Also, I left a few small pin bones in the fish - ooopps - still learning, but overall turned out very nice.
Horseradish and Tarragon Tartar Sauce
- 1/3 cup light mayonnaise
- 1 tsp grated lemon zest
- 1 to 3 tbsp of prepared horseradish, I’ll let you decide how spicy you want it
- 2 tbsp finely chopped red onion
- 2 tbsp capers, drained and roughly chopped
- 3 dashes of hot sauce (I prefer Frank’s, but feel free to sub in your own brand and adjust if you want more)
- 2 tbsp finely chopped tarragon leaves
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/2 cup sweet paprika
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- 2 teaspoons ground celery seed
- 2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons cayenne pepper