Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pork Chops, Asparagus and Sun Dried Tomatoes.

Options
Nice chops, dusted with Bone Sucking Sauce, asparagus marinated in watered down salad dressing, and sun dried tomatoes.

Chops done direct, raised grid at 400 until the internal was 130.  Asparagus done direct at 350 for a few minutes.

Wish my camera would take lower light level pic, so you could see the nice glow of the lump.

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

Comments

• ChrisgrillsSTLMO
    Options
    Great meal! 2 quick questions:

1. Are the clips you used for the Asparagus a BGE eggcessory or other?

2. You said you used a raised grid, how was this accomplished?

I just got my egg last week so still on the learning curve. Thanks so much, looking forward to trying this recipe!

Chris
    Chris
    St. Louis, MO
    Unit 1: LBGE, cedar table Unit 2:Akorn
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    Nice, I need to get some chops cut thick like that. What are you using to hold the asparagus? Those look great. I usually use 2 skewers and find it a bit of a pain to flip them. That looks like the trick.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • Doc_Eggerton
    Doc_Eggerton Posts: 5,321
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Great meal! 2 quick questions:

1. Are the clips you used for the Asparagus a BGE eggcessory or other?

2. You said you used a raised grid, how was this accomplished?

I just got my egg last week so still on the learning curve. Thanks so much, looking forward to trying this recipe!

Chris
    The clips were purchased from Williams Sonoma.

You can raise the grid with bricks along the fire ring, by putting bricks on the grid and using a smaller Webber grid, or a dozen other ways.  I use a Ceramic Grill Store WOO.  I think that is a nice clean way to do it.

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

• Doc_Eggerton
    Doc_Eggerton Posts: 5,321
    Options

DMW said:
    Nice, I need to get some chops cut thick like that. What are you using to hold the asparagus? Those look great. I usually use 2 skewers and find it a bit of a pain to flip them. That looks like the trick.
    Williams Sonoma.  Takes two per serving.