Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Bread, Sausage, and Filets

Friday made some homemade italian sausage. Threw a few links on the egg last night, and they were pretty good. Next time I will use better/fresher fennel and a little less garlic. Also made some Artisan bread and baked it on the egg at 450 indirect. It was great. For dinner was Filets, covered with DD Raising the Steaks, seared at 700, finished at 450 with some mesquite. Very pleased overall, what to cook today?

Comments

• That all looks great!

I'm doing baby backs later. At least I'll be eating something I enjoy while I watch Peyton Manning shred the 'Boys.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    Very nice! How about spatchcock chicken for something different today?
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • DMW said:
    Very nice! How about spatchcock chicken for something different today?

I love spatchcock, too bad I did one about 5 days ago. Ha!
  • CP92
    CP92 Posts: 313
    Ribs seem to be the choice today.

Nice YFT by the way.  Mid 100s?  Those sickles are huge.
    Chris
    LBGE
    Hughesville, MD
  • CP92 said:
    Ribs seem to be the choice today.

Nice YFT by the way.  Mid 100s?  Those sickles are huge.

Thanks on the YFT. It was 180. I'm 6'4" 260, to put it in perspective. Love those tunas!
  • CP92
    Never managed one that big, but here's a BET that went 172 we put on this summer. Captain/buddy on the left and angler/buddy on the right
    Chris
    LBGE
    Hughesville, MD
  • Nice! We don't get to see the Big Eyes in the Gulf too often.
  • CP92
    Yeah, aside from the BFT the Big Eyes are the biggest around these parts.  Occasionally, I'll see some bruiser 100+ YFT but not often. And we usually don't see big BFT around here from what I've seen.  I've only been at it a couple of years so I might be way off the mark too.  Run out of Ocean City, MD and hit the canyons on the continental shelf.  You run out of FL or LA? And no, not lower Alabama, but I guess you could run out of Orange Beach.
    Chris
    LBGE
    Hughesville, MD
  • Actually, I am out of Orange Beach. Unfortunately, I only get to offshore fish with friends and on charters (usually just a couple times a year). I do have an inshore center console, and fish inshore and up to 10 miles out a good bit. I live in Birmingham, so most of the time it's bass fishing, but I would much rather saltwater fish any day of the week. Bass are waaaay too finicky. Grew up in CT, fishing saltwater up there. Out of Orange Beach we usually fish the oil rigs between 80 and 150 miles out. They can get stacked up with big yellows. Nothing like seeing 100+ lb tunas skying 10 feet out of the water!
  • CP92
    Good stuff.  I'm originally from Montgomery.  Don't get down there often anymore and haven't done any fishing outta there since I joined the Navy over 24 years ago.  If I make it back down that way anytime soon I'll give ya a holler. 
    Chris
    LBGE
    Hughesville, MD