Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Butt with Beaucoup Bark, Buddy!

MaskedMarvelMaskedMarvel Posts: 1,316
edited September 2013 in EggHead Forum
Greetings friends,

In a few days, I will be slicing a pork butt into ~2" steaks and low and slowing them to try and get a pulled pork maximum bark finished product. I'll prolly use the v-rack. The outside of the pork is always the tastiest. I shall update this thread as progress warrants....

See you on the other side!!

8-Damien
Large BGE -- Greensboro!

·

Comments

• @cortguitarman
    Did something similar but I think it was more like pork on a stick.

XLBGE 
    ·
  • Or maybe it was @chubbs

:-??

Good luck anyway. Post some pics

XLBGE 
    ·
  • I wonder if it will still be moist and tender if the total mass is reduced like that. Let us know how it goes.
    Dave - Austin, TX
    ·
  • BOWHUNRBOWHUNR Posts: 1,470
    I wonder if it will still be moist and tender if the total mass is reduced like that.
    Don't see how it won't dry out before a good bark forms, but hey, what do I know?

Mike

I'm ashamed what I did for a Klondike Bar!!

Omaha, NE
    ·
  • Wasn't me, but this is interesting.
    Mark Annville, PA
    ·
  • Hi54puttyHi54putty Posts: 1,611
    I sliced an 8 pound (boneless) butt into 3 pieces trying for maximum barkage and it turned out great. I had to keep a closer eye on the temps because they all cooked differently. Good luck. 
    XL,L,S 
    Winston-Salem, NC 
    ·