Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
With winter in full gear, we’re enjoying all the awesome photos of EGGs in the cold weather. Stay warm with some of our favorite Dutch oven recipes: Chicken & Dumplings, Chili Con Carne and BLT Soup.

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Grilled Salmon and Asparagus

Grilled salmon and asparagus tonight.
Pasquali Luciano
Buon appetito to all the BGE family
XLBGE, LBGE, MBGE and lots of toys

·

Comments

• tulocaytulocay Posts: 1,732
    Looks great. I cook that dish once a week for my family. Do you ever brine the salmon? I tried it and it makes a big difference.
    LBGE, Marietta, GA
    ·
  • No I have never brined. We usually do salmon as a hot smoke.  Tell me about brining.
    Pasquali Luciano

·
  • tulocaytulocay Posts: 1,732
    The brine is simple salt and water. 2 qts water and 4 tbls kosher salt. Dissolve the salt and brine the salmon for 15 minutes. Rinse well and cook as normal. I cook 400 raised direct for approx 15 min. Really adds a depth of flavor (sorry for the food network comment).
    LBGE, Marietta, GA
    ·
  • I will have to try that.  My grilling salmon (as opposed to hot smoke) is exactly the same, raised, 400, 15 minutes.
    Pasquali Luciano

·
  • bodskibodski Posts: 351
    Looks great. I'm going to try this over the weekend. Do you guys add any wood chips or chunks? Do you ever use planks?

Cincinnati

LBGE, Weber Kettle, Weber Gasser

·
  • radamoradamo Posts: 349
    Does 15 minutes of direct grill time dry the salmon out?  How thick are your salmon steaks?
    Long Island, NY
    ·
  • Looks really good.  Two of my egg favorites.  I've never tried brining, but will have to now.  I usually use alder planks on my salmon.  Like it better than cedar.

Damascus, VA.  Friendliest town on the Appalachian Trail.

LBGE Aug 2012, SBGE Feb 2014

·
  • Grilling the fillets, skin side down and without turning doesn't dry them out.  Our prefered method is hot smoking, at 180 for an hour.  That takes overnight preparation though.

Pasquali Luciano

·
  • SmokeyPittSmokeyPitt Posts: 5,593
    Looks great doc!  What did you season it with?  

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg wing. 
    2014 Wing King's Apprentice
    ·
  •  

Looks great doc!  What did you season it with?  
    Webber Garlic & Herb.  Works pretty well with fish.  The left overs were a hit with the The Spouse's fellow teachers.
    Pasquali Luciano

·