Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost football season, so we’re perfecting our favorite tailgating and homegating recipes! Whether you like hamburgers, wings, brats, ribs or something cooked with beer, we have everything you’ll need for the perfect tailgate party. We always like inviting friends to join our tailgates because the EGG is about community and having fun, so make sure if you’re inviting company you make extra - the food will be gone before you know it! Don't forget dessert, either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Whoops!

Could have sworn that stove burner was off when I went out to grill a steak tonight. Think it will sand out? Lol. I still think SWMBO'ed did it.

Richardson, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

image.jpg 2.1M

Comments

• TjcoleyTjcoley Posts: 3,422
    Glad you didn't burn the house down.  Tell her to be more careful the next time.
    L-)
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

• JRWhiteeJRWhitee Posts: 2,700
    LOL :((

Large BGE 2006, Mini Max 2014 
    Founding Member of the Green Man Group cooking team.
    Johns Creek, Georgia

• Wow, Lady Luck was with y'all. Glad nothing serious happened. See you in Plano....are you bringing the mini. It might be fun to do a mini showdown.
    Eggin in SW "Keep it Weird" TX
  • Village IdiotVillage Idiot Posts: 6,951
    Scary !

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• TUTTLE871TUTTLE871 Posts: 1,316
    Dude drink another. Actually have done the same thing.

"Hold my beer and watch this S##T!"

LARGE BGE DALLAS TX.

• henapplehenapple Posts: 14,667
    Remove the edging, hardiboard and tile? Won't happen again. Use epoxy grout.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • GriffinGriffin Posts: 7,069
    edited August 2013

I'm laughing about it today. I've had a pretty crappy week, so when I came inside and saw that and smelled it, I was pretty pissed off. Oh well, things happen and at least I didn't burn the house down, right?

@Austin_Egghead I'll have to check with the Event Co-ordinator aka SWMBO aka Mrs. Griffin. If we do, I'll bring my Mini. Don't think I'll cart the large.

@TUTTLE871 I did. And then I had another. And then maybe another. Why do I have a slight headache this morning?

@henapple there was no tile on it. Don't know why I didn't think about it before, but maybe I will just cut off the burnt section, sand te rest down nice and smooth and end up with a small wood cutting board. Still gonna need to replace it, though.

Richardson, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings