Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Whoops!

Could have sworn that stove burner was off when I went out to grill a steak tonight. Think it will sand out? Lol. I still think SWMBO'ed did it.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

Comments

• Tjcoley
    Tjcoley Posts: 3,551
    Glad you didn't burn the house down.  Tell her to be more careful the next time.
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    L-)
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    LOL :((

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • Wow, Lady Luck was with y'all. Glad nothing serious happened. See you in Plano....are you bringing the mini. It might be fun to do a mini showdown.
    Large, small and mini now Egging in Rowlett Tx
  • Village Idiot
    Village Idiot Posts: 6,959
    Scary !

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• TUTTLE871
    TUTTLE871 Posts: 1,316
    Dude drink another. Actually have done the same thing.

"Hold my beer and watch this S##T!"

LARGE BGE DALLAS TX.

• henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Remove the edging, hardiboard and tile? Won't happen again. Use epoxy grout.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    edited August 2013

I'm laughing about it today. I've had a pretty crappy week, so when I came inside and saw that and smelled it, I was pretty pissed off. Oh well, things happen and at least I didn't burn the house down, right?

@Austin_Egghead I'll have to check with the Event Co-ordinator aka SWMBO aka Mrs. Griffin. If we do, I'll bring my Mini. Don't think I'll cart the large.

@TUTTLE871 I did. And then I had another. And then maybe another. Why do I have a slight headache this morning?

@henapple there was no tile on it. Don't know why I didn't think about it before, but maybe I will just cut off the burnt section, sand te rest down nice and smooth and end up with a small wood cutting board. Still gonna need to replace it, though.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings