Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - Seasonal Beer

Options
Ljpick
Ljpick Posts: 38
edited August 2013 in EggHead Forum
I have notice in the last couple weeks that the "October Fest" beers have started hitting the shelves. I find it to be rather annoying and belive they not should be allowed out until after Labor Day. I like the fall beers but think it is way too early in the year and feels like we are rushing summer out when I see them out now. I believe it should be an unwritten rule that October Fest beers should not come out until after labor day, just like no Christmas Lights until after Thanksgiving or wearing white after Labor Day. Would love to hear from you on the topic as well. Love the forum for egg related advice and now also for letting me vent on this unrelated topic

Comments

• Grambler
    Grambler Posts: 153
    Options
    I agree. I personally love Sam Adams Octoberfest but felt last years was not as old as earlier years. I was dismayed when a brother in law said he saw it on the shelves at Costco over 2 weeks ago.
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Options
    I don't know when they should be released, but I think it's too early. Still enjoying Mexican cervezas and hefeweizen.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• Grambler
    Grambler Posts: 153
    edited August 2013
    Options
    @griffin - just got back from a week long house boating trip where 3 of us drank a full keg of Dos Equis Amber in about 3 days. Delish!
  • Drewdlc17
    Drewdlc17 Posts: 124
    Options
    There is never anything wrong with more selection! Plus the Fall and Winter brews are the best! Those summer beers are to light. Try these seasonal brews:
    -Brooklyn Brewery Octoberfest (Better than Sam Adams)
    -Southern Teir Pumking
    -New Belium Pumpkick
    -Founders Harvest Ale

Besides, one football has started it's Fall! Who cares what the calendar says!

• henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    Way too early... 15 years ago everybody drank Miller and Bud. Either the popularity of darker beers, imports, micro brews... Causes more demand, less quality.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Options
    Little known fact, but the state of the beers coming from big beer companies can be blamed on the world war (can't member right now if it was 1 or 2), but with all the guys done away for war, they mellowed out the taste of beer to please the women. Hence all the light and mellow beers that have come to dominate the market. Yeah, they are easy to drink, clean and refreshing and great for a hot summer day but leave something to be lacking.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings