Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Kansas City Que

Options
Heading to Kansas City Mon-Thurs next week. Anyone here got any must-go-to BBQ joints? I love it all.
In the  Hinterlands between Cumming and Gainesville, GA
Med BGE, Weber Kettle, Weber Smokey Joe, Brinkman Dual Zone, Weber Genesis Gas Grill and portable gasser for boating

Comments

• dorfami
    dorfami Posts: 50
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Just got back from there this weekend. Went to Gate's, wouldn't go again. Sauce had a flavor I really didn't like and they put it on everything. Also went to Oklahoma Joes and was very pleased.
  • JPakaPope
    JPakaPope Posts: 32
    Options
    Lived on KC for several years. #1 Oklahoma Joe's. I like Jack Stack too, but some people think its too high end to be real BBQ.

I loaded my rental car up with Ozark Oak earlier thus summer!!!'
    Ames, Iowa
  • Auburn4Life
    Options
    Oklahoma Joe's.  My favorites are the ribs and the fries.  No parking to speak of, as it is in a smaller old gas station and a long wait, but well worth it.
    Dallas, GA
  • tyenic1
    tyenic1 Posts: 150
    Options
    I like Arthur Bryant's. I believe they have several locations.
  • Cymbaline65
    Cymbaline65 Posts: 800
    Options
    Thanks everyone! Funny, Yelp and Chowhound followers kept mentioning those same names: Arthur Bryant's, Ok Joes and Stacks so I'm thinking I'll have to at least hit a couple. It will be a very busy few days, but a man's gotta eat!
    Med BGE, Weber Kettle, Weber Smokey Joe, Brinkman Dual Zone, Weber Genesis Gas Grill and portable gasser for boating
  • Cymbaline65
    Options
    Well, there was little to no time for any eating. I was lucky to even get a lunch in. We did, however, get to Gates as it was only 15 minutes away. Well, Dorfami was right. Gates was very disappointing. Everybody was raving about them and I just didn't think it was all that great. Kind of pedestrian. No better than what I can do at home.