Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

5lb bird on the mini

Options
Lit
Lit Posts: 9,053

Cut out slits in the fire ring so the plate setter sits low enough for it to fit. Came out really good..image.image.image.image

Comments

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,733
    Options
    Do you have issues with the drippings falling on the plate setter and burning, giving an off-flavor to the meat? Chicken cooks (skin on) end up getting a little fiery for me once the chicken fat starts hitting the coals. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,364
    Options
    Nice job.  What tool/blade did you use for the cut?  I tend to get a bit nervous around tools and messing something up that would viod a warranty from operator error.

Thanks
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options

@Caliking I almost never use a drip pan and have never noticed a bad flavor. It was sizzling and smoking pretty good but it tasted really good.

@thetrim I used a dremmel with the tile cutting attachment. Took like 10 minutes. Its basically like a drill bit with little spikes.