Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
With winter in full gear, we’re enjoying all the awesome photos of EGGs in the cold weather. Stay warm with some of our favorite Dutch oven recipes: Chicken & Dumplings, Chili Con Carne and BLT Soup.

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Brisket - it's about time(for posterity)

cbr0011cbr0011 Posts: 85
I've done lots of briskets, most pretty good(their only pretty good because my standards is too high). This is my first documented one on the forum. Here goes. Started with a 9 lb brisket(Costco whole untrimmed). Rubbed with Rudy's rub, placed fat side up with drip pan(Miller Lite). Smoking with pecan and mesquite chunks. Notice the Texas themes(Herman Marshall rye whiskey, Rudy's rub and mesquite wood). Shooting for 250 grate temp(digiq a little high now) Done at 195-205 doneness(toothpick easy in/easy out). Once done will FTC until lunch. More pics in 12.
image.jpg 914.3K
image.jpg 735.3K
image.jpg 640.4K
·

Comments

• Looking great so far. :)
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Austin, Texas.  I'm the guy holding a beer.
    ·
  • FoghornFoghorn Posts: 2,032
    Progress report?

XL BGE, Klose BYC, ProQ Excel, Weber Kettle, Firepit, Grand Turbo gasser, and a portable Outdoor Gourmet gasser for tailgating

San Antonio, TX

·
  • cbr0011cbr0011 Posts: 85
    Took it off at 10:30 this morning, temp was 192(probe in and out with ease). It's now FTC. Lunch at 1:00. Cowboy preseason game at 3:30, will enjoy with Rahr and son(gravel road). Also just put the burnt ends back on the BGE with some homemade bbq sauce. I'll send slice pics after lunch.
    image.jpg 973K
    image.jpg 970.2K
    ·
  • LarrymacLarrymac Posts: 93
    How long for total cook?
    ·
  • cbr0011cbr0011 Posts: 85
    11 hours total cook time.  It turned out great.  Sorry forgot the sliced pics. 
    ·