Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Turkey Breast Suggestions

Options
reched
reched Posts: 18
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Any good ideas or recipes for a turkey breast? Thanks, phil

Comments

• Smokey
    Smokey Posts: 2,468
    Options
    reched,[p]Turkey breast are common around our house. The thing I would recomment you consider is that most poltry absorb smoke with ease, so don't over do it. I like rubbing the skin with olive oil, then some of the Dizzy Pig rubs.[p]Smokey
    Turkey.jpg

• Chrispy Bob
    Options
    reched, Split the breast in half, skin, put in freezer for 30-45 min to make for easier slicing.
    Slice across the breast into 1" steaks. The end pieces will not be pretty, but they will still taste good. Place in a zip top bag and add your favorite marinade. I used a hot terryaki marinade. Let sit if refrigerator for an hour or so. I cooked over a pretty hot fire 400ºƒ or so until 160ºƒ internal. Remove and cover with foil and let sit 10-15 min. They will continue to cook and should end up at 165ºƒ or so.[p]Enjoy,[p]CB

• RhumAndJerk
    Options
    reched,
    Jerked Turkey, of course!
    Apply the rub under the skin the night before. Smoke over guava and apple wood.[p]Hope this helps,
    RhumAndJerk

• eggor
    eggor Posts: 777
    Options
    Chrispy Bob,[p]thats kind of different, never thought of trying to grill turkey like i do chicken. Does it dry out?[p]Scott

• Chrispy Bob
    Options
    eggor,
    No it doesn't specially if you pull at 160ºƒ. Also it is very tender being cut cross grain. Just be sure and use an instant read or remote probe thermometer and you will be ok.[p]CB