Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s that time of year again-time to hop on out to your backyard for an EGG hunt. If you’re lucky, you’ll only have to search as far as your patio! Planning on cooking Easter Sunday? Check out our Easter Menu. If you’re looking for a sweet treat to enjoy with the whole family, try at least one of our sweet treats, if not both: Grilled Peeps & Carrot Cupcakes. Lastly, if you’re having company, our Pinterest page has lots of ideas for entertaining. We hope you have an EGGstra tasty holiday!

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Thin crust pizza

Got some store bought dough (Winco) let is rise for 3 hrs in an oiled glass bowl with a wet towel on top, I then divided it in 2 to make thin crust. Topped with sauce, whole milk mozzarella and pepperoni. My set up on the Egg was plate setter legs down, spider legs up, pizza stone on top of spider. First time I used this method and it worked great. Cooked around 450 for 8 minutes. Turned out great, the whole milk mozzarella makes a difference (grated myself).
image.jpg 270.5K
image.jpg 231.6K
image.jpg 226.2K
image.jpg 252.6K
image.jpg 249.2K
·

Comments

• RRPRRP Posts: 14,744
    Looks good! If you love to grate your own mozzarella  which obviously you bought then the next step toward heaven is to make your own mozzarella! It is easy, quick and trust me SOOOOO much better, fun to make and the bragging rights alone even kick the commercially bought stuff to the curb!
    Ron
    Dunlap, IL
    ·
  • @RRP yes I will have to try making my own, I definitely don't buy the pre grated stuff
    ·
  • ChubbsChubbs Posts: 4,697
    Grating you own in great. Never made my own, but def on the list. Like the spider use for pizza too.
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
    ·
  • fljoemonfljoemon Posts: 394
    Wow what an awesome idea to use the spider to get the pizza stone up in the dome. I have the accessory, but never thought to use it like that. I have been using the BGE feet on top of the Platesetter and the pizza stone resting on it. 

@Hotwingking .. was the setup stable when putting down the pizza and removing it?

Thanks!
    LBGE & Mini
    Orlando, FL
    ·
  • jadjad Posts: 28
    OK so who has a good recipe for some homemade mozzarella
    ·
  • Looks good! Have to check out that spider
    ·
  • RRPRRP Posts: 14,744
    jad said:
    OK so who has a good recipe for some homemade mozzarella
    I just started a new thread with mine
    Ron
    Dunlap, IL
    ·
  • GriffinGriffin Posts: 6,759
    Suddenly, I'm hungry for pizza. They look great.

Richardson, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

·
  • @fljoemon. Yes it was very stable, no movement.
    ·
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 16,049
    Very good cook
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

·