Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
As we round out National BBQ Month, we hope you’ve gotten to try some new recipes that will keep you cooking all summer long. Check out our Smoking Basics Publication. For delicious recipes, try Justin Moore’s BBQ Shrimp, Greg Bate’s BBQ Dr. Pepper Chicken, Bobby Flay’s Chicken Thighs or Dr. BBQ’s new Maple Brined Pork Chops. Need dessert? Finish off your meal with some Planked Twinkies. Get ready for some fun summer happenings!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Setting up Salado EggFest for March 15th

MickeyMickey Posts: 16,276
edited August 2013 in EggHead Forum
Next week I go before the Board of Aldermen at the Village of Salado to plead my case for the Village to give me the Park at no charge for March 15th and allow Adult Beverage to be consumed that day in the Park (normally dry in the Park). If this goes well we will hold the 4th Salado EggFest on March 15th. The vote has been 3/2 each year ( not real progressive ) with one voting no over Adult Beverage and one voting no over not getting paid from us. So time to get your kilts dusted off.
Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

·

Comments

• henapplehenapple Posts: 14,268
    Only 217 days...
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
    ·
  • Austin  EggheadAustin Egghead Posts: 3,342
    edited August 2013
    But at least our cross dressing men wear boots  ;-))
    Eggin in SW "Keep it Weird" TX
    ·
  • cazzycazzy Posts: 7,782
    I should still be in texas!   :)

Join the 2015 Rub & Sauce Exchange!  Find out more information here:
    http://eggheadforum.com/discussion/1182005/2015-egghead-rub-sauce-exchange/p1

Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ...
    ·
    Isn't San Antonio TX?
    ·
    Yes, meaning that I will not be in Tennessee during that time.  

·
    Still moving?
    ·
    Yep, next summer for sure. Don't know where yet...we're still trying to work all that out.

·
  • revolver1revolver1 Posts: 352
    Best wishes with the Aldermen.  
    Dan, Columbia,Mo.
    ·
    cazzy said:

Yep, next summer for sure. Don't know where yet...we're still trying to work all that out.

Be good to have y'all near
    ·
  • calikingcaliking Posts: 6,797
    I heard that the aldermen would be more likely to be nice if you could ensure that all kilted eggheads weighted their kilts... Some had to gouge their eyes out with hot irons when the wind sent kilts aflyin' this  past March. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
    ·
  • I'll call the naysayers I'm sure that will help :))

·
  • That's the same weekend as the Sunshine State EggFest, again . . .  decisions, decisions.  :-??
    I'm Kristi ~ Live in FL ~ BGE since 2003.
    I write about food & travel on Necessary Indulgences -
    You can find me on Facebook & Instagram, too! 
    ·
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 16,276
    That's the same weekend as the Sunshine State EggFest, again . . .  decisions, decisions.  :-??

Our turn :)]
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

·
  • EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 11,186
    I can't wait Mr. Mickey. Time to get plane tickets. Should we weigh the kilts down with those cool "nut knocking" green egg weights?
    ·
  • lousubcaplousubcap Posts: 6,236
    @mickey-good luck and bring it home!  "Beware, The Ides of March" just happens to be March 15th.  May be time for togas???  (weighted of course :)  )
    Louisville
    ·
  • travisstricktravisstrick Posts: 4,808
    Centex, you call the naysayers and I'll cause a distraction downtown. Salado has plenty of wineries, you know.
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
    ·
  • Centex, you call the naysayers and I'll cause a distraction downtown. Salado has plenty of wineries, you know.

I thought my calling that naysayers WAS the distraction. I'm confused but I'm all in.

·
  • RACRAC Posts: 1,364
    If each of you would drop off a brisket right before the vote I bet it would be a 5/0 vote. :D

Ricky

Spring, TX

·