Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s that time of year again-time to hop on out to your backyard for an EGG hunt. If you’re lucky, you’ll only have to search as far as your patio! Planning on cooking Easter Sunday? Check out our Easter Menu. If you’re looking for a sweet treat to enjoy with the whole family, try at least one of our sweet treats, if not both: Grilled Peeps & Carrot Cupcakes. Lastly, if you’re having company, our Pinterest page has lots of ideas for entertaining. We hope you have an EGGstra tasty holiday!

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Comments

• that's cool. that has legs for sure. Thanks for posting

·
  • Ragtop99Ragtop99 Posts: 1,338
    interesting idea, but I'm not sure I want my phone in the kitchen near the prep area like that.
    Cooking on an XL and Medium in Bethesda, MD.
    ·
  • I really like the idea of being able to get the alarm when out and about. That is the only thing I don't like about the Maverick is I have to be home. Are there others that are capable of this?
    LBGE 2013, SBGE 2014, Mini 2015
    Columbus IN
    ·
  • Maybe I  did not spend enough time looking at this, but it looks like the probe needs to be plugged into the phone at all times?  The iGrill  works great for me and uses blue tooth.
    Simi Valley, California
    ·
  • CookinbobCookinbob Posts: 1,437
    My son signed up for both of these, one to grill, one to brew.  It does need to be plugged in constantly, but if you have a second IOS device (old iPod touch, etc) it can wirelessly monitor to your phone/pad etc.  I don't see it in my life, but will see how my son likes his.
    XLBGE, Small BGE, Homebrew and Guitars
    Rochester, NY
    ·
  • By the way, I asked and was told that they use a thermistor. They say you can expect 5 second response times.
    The Naked Whiz
    ·