Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Burgers grown in petri dishes?

This is so wrong. I don't even think the BGE could help this one.

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2013/08/130806-lab-grown-beef-burger-eat-meat-science/

Richardson, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

·

Comments

• hapsterhapster Posts: 6,916
    And it's **** like this that makes me want to do my best to eat and cook for my family as cleanly and paleo as I can...

This gives me the willies and makes me think of the human batteries in the Matrix for some reason.
    ·
  • ChubbsChubbs Posts: 5,237
    +1 @hapster. Geez..
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
    ·
  • SmokeyPittSmokeyPitt Posts: 6,550
    At least it is a nicely formed patty...

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

·
  • How can you oppose something that's going to help control climate change?
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    They only grew muscle tissue .. there is no fat other than what they may have cooked it in .. that has got to taste AWESOME!
    ·
  • RACRAC Posts: 1,443
    Put some of your **** on it might be OK.

Ricky

Spring, TX

·
  • bud812bud812 Posts: 1,421
    Is that a McPetri? :-&

Not to get technical, but according to chemistry alcohol is a solution...

Large & Small BGE

Stockton Ca.

·
  • Phoenix824Phoenix824 Posts: 243
    I love that it tastes "Close to Meat".     Is that like "Close to Edible"?
    Steve Van Wert, Ohio XL BGE
    ·
  • gabrieggergabriegger Posts: 456
    Anyone remember Soylent Green? Here we go!

the city above Toronto - Noodleville wtih 2 Large 1 Mini

·
  • FireTowerFireTower Posts: 69
    edited August 2013
    @TexanOfTheNorth, only corn-fed beef from the industrial food system contributes to climate change in a negative way. Grass-fed beef from a sustainable farm doesn't. Know your farmer. Know your beef.  

I feel compelled to recommend some reading on the subject. Check out The Omnivore's Dilemma, by Michael Pollan.  Please. 
    ·
  • Austin  EggheadAustin Egghead Posts: 3,342
    edited August 2013
    Methane gas is methane gas whether it comes from a grass fed cow's ass or a corn fed cow's ass.
    Eggin in SW "Keep it Weird" TX
    ·
  • Methane gas is methane gas whether it comes from a grass fed cow's ass or a corn fed cow's ass.
    and... regardless of how you feel about "climate change", the notion that growing beef in a petri dish will have any impact at all is complete bullshit!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.