Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost football season, so we’re perfecting our favorite tailgating and homegating recipes! Whether you like hamburgers, wings, brats, ribs or something cooked with beer, we have everything you’ll need for the perfect tailgate party. We always like inviting friends to join our tailgates because the EGG is about community and having fun, so make sure if you’re inviting company you make extra - the food will be gone before you know it! Don't forget dessert, either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Burgers grown in petri dishes?

This is so wrong. I don't even think the BGE could help this one.

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2013/08/130806-lab-grown-beef-burger-eat-meat-science/

Richardson, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

Comments

• hapsterhapster Posts: 7,163
    And it's **** like this that makes me want to do my best to eat and cook for my family as cleanly and paleo as I can...

This gives me the willies and makes me think of the human batteries in the Matrix for some reason.
  • ChubbsChubbs Posts: 5,582
    +1 @hapster. Geez..
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • SmokeyPittSmokeyPitt Posts: 7,071
    At least it is a nicely formed patty...

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• How can you oppose something that's going to help control climate change?
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
  • RACRAC Posts: 1,526
    Put some of your **** on it might be OK.

Ricky

Spring, TX

• bud812bud812 Posts: 1,458
    Is that a McPetri? :-&

Not to get technical, but according to chemistry alcohol is a solution...

Large & Small BGE

Stockton Ca.

• Phoenix824Phoenix824 Posts: 243
    I love that it tastes "Close to Meat".     Is that like "Close to Edible"?
    Steve Van Wert, Ohio XL BGE
  • gabrieggergabriegger Posts: 469
    Anyone remember Soylent Green? Here we go!

the city above Toronto - Noodleville wtih 2 Large 1 Mini

• FireTowerFireTower Posts: 69
    edited August 2013
    @TexanOfTheNorth, only corn-fed beef from the industrial food system contributes to climate change in a negative way. Grass-fed beef from a sustainable farm doesn't. Know your farmer. Know your beef.  

I feel compelled to recommend some reading on the subject. Check out The Omnivore's Dilemma, by Michael Pollan.  Please. 
  • Austin  EggheadAustin Egghead Posts: 3,347
    edited August 2013
    Methane gas is methane gas whether it comes from a grass fed cow's ass or a corn fed cow's ass.
    Eggin in SW "Keep it Weird" TX
  • Methane gas is methane gas whether it comes from a grass fed cow's ass or a corn fed cow's ass.
    and... regardless of how you feel about "climate change", the notion that growing beef in a petri dish will have any impact at all is complete ****!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.